who makes the best most realistic trees for GScale?

If you have any big Conifers in your garden (or nearby), cuttings of a suitable size can make good trees. They will last a few months then cop some more. In my view very few of the propriety ones last that long outside, we had a few unknown maker conifers, looked superb for a year or two in full sun till they expired from UV attack.
Hi There..
good to hear from you,good idear.my layout will be very small indoor one
cheers Steve
 
There is Primo Models.


I know they are uk based, so maybe not suitable given your location. I have seen them in the flesh as it were at exhibitions, more of a OO/HO, O gauge range, but they look the part.
 
I assume, from the phrasing of your post you mean trees for indoor use, correct ? Which brands are you aware of, Büsch, Jordan, Noch ? The problem with most indoor model railways is they tend to stop in size above gauge O/1:43/1:48 scales. Beyond that size, Gauge 1/1:32/1:29 scale and "G Scale"/1:22.5 scale + types, at least for marketable accessory quantities, are very limited and expensive in any quantity, especially if hand made. They can be found, edit Noch 68015 - 0, G Deciduous Tree, approx. 24 cm High - New | eBay UK & Pardon our interruption...
but be aware those on Temu and Ali Express are demostrated by people with very small hands for scale :D

I used to have a large indoor slot car track, 1:32 scale. For that I had a "forest" of the British, no longer made, "Britains" make trees. These were nominally 1:43 scale. They can still be found on Ebay, but check for completeness. Pictured below. I came across some large Büsch and Noch trees while building that layout 30 years ago and incorporated some. Again you may have to find them on Ebay. I have built a small indoor section of my 15/16 mm scale line, another picture below. I used some of those larger trees, recovered from the slot car layout, and others I found about 5 years ago made by a person on Facebook (sorry I cannot find contact details).

What effect do you want to create ? I have seen a 16 mm scale layout, at a show, that used real small shrubs, with ground cover. These were set in shallow plastic trays, with soil, to fit the track layout. You would need to make sure you have a source of natural light to support them. That or risk the cops coming round thinking you were growing something illicit, if artificial light. You could try looking at larger arificial plants and see what you can adapt. Check "garden centres". I remember a massive shop in Florida, while on holiday, that sold just about any artificial plant you could think of. I still have the creeping ivy I bought there, nearly 40 years ago. UK customs were very perplexed whe I opened my luggage. Max

1:32 slotcar layout with Britain's and Büsch trees.

View attachment 351390

15 mm scale locos for scale. Mix of Büsch, Noch and Facebook sourced.

View attachment 351391
Hello maxi-model,really nice to hear from you and sucha comprehensive reply..I contacted 2 x dealers in Germany and because I am very forgetful and have no names saved I have forgotten the names of the dealers they were not NOCH,Büsch,or Jordan,Ebay is a problem for me as I am charged high customs vat on every import,that applies equally to everything.I was hoping to buy through UK dealer as my proposed layout will be built there,and it means I can buy in the UK not sure about rest of Europe and have the lot shipped together,Its a bit complicated to explain.
all the very best Steve
 
There is Primo Models.


I know they are uk based, so maybe not suitable given your location. I have seen them in the flesh as it were at exhibitions, more of a OO/HO, O gauge range, but they look the part.
Hello Nodrog1826,
I must thank you for the link to Primo Models,they are quite superb I hope they are able to supply gscale??but maybe not. Many thanks once again..kind regards Steve :)
 
Back
Top Bottom