Wave type reflections

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I'm not talking radio or electronic waves here but the sort of reflections you get in water of buildings for example. I'm sure that somewhere I have seen a reflective sheet advertised which will reflect, say, model scenery as if it were reflected in gently moving water, i.e. slightly wavy.

Can anyone help. please?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Not available to view in UK.. :worried:

PhilP

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Is this for outside, or inside?

Do you want the 'fake water' (or at least the reflection) to move if the observer is standing still, or will a wobbly reflection as they walk past suffice?

PhilP

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
nor >> not?

so you were not very specific, that goodie will project light that looks like reflections on water.

What do you want, a background that does this on it's own? I would think you could project light from something like this onto a back ground....

so maybe you want something that reflects and distorts.

Greg

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Is this for outside, or inside?

Do you want the 'fake water' (or at least the reflection) to move if the observer is standing still, or will a wobbly reflection as they walk past suffice?

PhilP
Inside, Phil, and what I came across was a reflective foil which gave this effect.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
nor >> not?

so you were not very specific, that goodie will project light that looks like reflections on water.

What do you want, a background that does this on it's own? I would think you could project light from something like this onto a back ground....

so maybe you want something that reflects and distorts.

Greg
Neither radio waves...nor light waves,

As to being specific "a reflective sheet advertised which will reflect, say, model scenery as if it were reflected in gently moving water, i.e. slightly wavy" - i.e. a property of the reflective sheet.

"so maybe you want something that reflects and distorts", that accurately sums it up, Greg. Thank you.