spurs123

led zep spurs lgb
24 Oct 2009
st albans
Best answers
Rhinochugger - 21/11/2009 7:55 PM

spurs123 - 21/11/2009 7:33 PM

didn't get the name of this layout run by some over seas johnny

that's the one that has numerous Guiness records for minture bits and bobs - and the Saxon Meyer is superdetailed with working brake shoes etc etc etc :eek: :eek:

could not get a godd photo but it had lots of cubby holes and very dirty

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Some great pics :clap: looks like i missed a good show havn't been for the last few years :(

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
You guys have covered most of the G scale but I thought I would share a couple of shots of 'County Gate' 4mm narrow gauge. Just about the best representation of North Devon hills I've seen. The way the scenery was blended with the backscene was exceptional. I've not cropped the pics to give a better idea of scale.

E

Elmtree Line

Anything exciting on show from Hornby or Bachmann for the world of 4mm ?

rhaetianfan

RhB (obviously) but otherwise any 'modern' locos
24 Oct 2009
Hamble
Best answers
Country flag
Keith
"Anything exciting on show from Hornby or Bachmann for the world of 4mm ?"

Nothing that hadn't been previously announced, but the 4CEP (green, no yellow ends only) is now out and judging by the number of people I saw carrying the bulky boxes, it is finding many takers! Yes, I've bought one and it is very good. The BR Standard class 3 tank is out, but only in black with early crest as far as I could see. I also bought a Heljan class 17 - the latest batch apparently has had the motor problems sorted and it is a nice model.

Trade support seemed very good, with quite a bit of LGB in evidence including secondhand (GRS had lots). The whole exhibition was much less of a scrum than the last time I went many years ago, worth the trip (even allowing for delays on the way back caused by a failed train at New Street).

M

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
spurs123 - 21/11/2009 7:48 PM mathew glad you found this picture quality a bit naff thought it was just me being a wally.want one of these locos so I might leave the picture around and no I don't mean the stainz
</p><p>i have 1, you can have it for christmas simon...:) </p>

palmerston

trains
24 Oct 2009
Netherlands, near Aachen ;-)
Best answers
Country flag
spurs123 - 21/11/2009 8:33 PM

saw (t)his layout over here recently, here is his website:

http://www.miniatur-rekorde.de

E

Elmtree Line

<p>
rhaetianfan - 22/11/2009 4:01 PM Keith "Anything exciting on show from Hornby or Bachmann for the world of 4mm ?" Nothing that hadn't been previously announced, but the 4CEP (green, no yellow ends only) is now out and judging by the number of people I saw carrying the bulky boxes, it is finding many takers! Yes, I've bought one and it is very good. The BR Standard class 3 tank is out, but only in black with early crest as far as I could see. I also bought a Heljan class 17 - the latest batch apparently has had the motor problems sorted and it is a nice model. Trade support seemed very good, with quite a bit of LGB in evidence including secondhand (GRS had lots). The whole exhibition was much less of a scrum than the last time I went many years ago, worth the trip (even allowing for delays on the way back caused by a failed train at New Street). M
</p><p> </p><p>Thanks :D </p><p>I'm more of a modern image person, class 153 and 150's this year ;) </p><p> </p>

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
<p>
rhaetianfan - 22/11/2009 4:01 PM the number of people I saw carrying the bulky boxes, it is finding many takers! Yes, I've bought one and it is very good.
</p><p>Last minute impulse purchase? Didn't see the big box under your arm or did you have more minions carrying your purchases we didn't see? ;) </p><p>and nothing in that cabinet full of Bemo either?</p>

rhaetianfan

24 Oct 2009
Hamble
Best answers
Country flag
"I'm more of a modern image person, class 153 and 150's this year"

I saw a 150 with sound on one of the stands - not cheap at £170 :eek: . Don't think I'll get one of those, although I have just bought a sound fitted 25!

M

rhaetianfan

24 Oct 2009
Hamble
Best answers
Country flag
"Last minute impulse purchase? Didn't see the big box under your arm or did you have more minions carrying your purchases we didn't see?"

No - I had actually been to Engine Shed at Ford the previous day and acquired said EMU! Expensive weekend, particularly as I had to fork out for a sooper-dooper extra cheap don't you even think about not turning up Virgin saver ticket for son - he appreciates the value of rail industry perks now he no longer qualifies!

Looked at the Bemo - as Nick pointed out 'they're having a giraffe :D ' with one loco priced at £220 although the former price of £182 was clearly visible on the box!

M

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
rhaetianfan - 22/11/2009 5:55 PM

Looked at the Bemo - as Nick pointed out 'they're having a giraffe :D ' with one loco priced at £220 although the former price of £182 was clearly visible on the box!

M

You wait til VAT returns to 17.5% in January :banghead:

Rich

Railways from model to 1:1.</br>T.V. - comedy, Doc
24 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
Great pics folks, stunning layouts. the Harz one is really good, I've seen pictures of Country Gate before and that really does amaze me everytime I see new pics. :clap:

Midwalesstokie

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Wales
Best answers
The Harz layout was very good, the Diesel especially was very impressive. County Gate was probably the best layout there in my view but Askrigg Bank was also good. Much better to go on the Sunday though than on the Saturday.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
palmerston - 22/11/2009 4:59 PM

spurs123 - 21/11/2009 8:33 PM

saw (t)his layout over here recently, here is his website:

http://www.miniatur-rekorde.de

Is this the guy who holds a load of world records for stuff like smallest working vice etc.

There was a feature on him/his layout in Narrow Gauge World I think. Detail is incredibly, he even set individual scale cobbles to make his paths n stuff.

Edit: Just looked at his gallery. Tis the same fellah. Made working brakes on his feldbahn diesel too if I remember correctly. Very impressive stuff.

spurs123

led zep spurs lgb
24 Oct 2009
st albans
Best answers
rhaetianfan - 22/11/2009 4:01 PM

Keith
"Anything exciting on show from Hornby or Bachmann for the world of 4mm ?"

Nothing that hadn't been previously announced, but the 4CEP (green, no yellow ends only) is now out and judging by the number of people I saw carrying the bulky boxes, it is finding many takers! Yes, I've bought one and it is very good. The BR Standard class 3 tank is out, but only in black with early crest as far as I could see. I also bought a Heljan class 17 - the latest batch apparently has had the motor problems sorted and it is a nice model.

Trade support seemed very good, with quite a bit of LGB in evidence including secondhand (GRS had lots). The whole exhibition was much less of a scrum than the last time I went many years ago, worth the trip (even allowing for delays on the way back caused by a failed train at New Street).

M

any pictures of the 4cep I would like to see some and a report would be good :clap: