USA TRAINS NW2 Pick up Shoes

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have trawled the internet for new shoes, it seems plenty of retailers are happy to sell USA products, but not the wear and tear spares for such. So, can anyone pount me in the direction of shoes for the NW2?

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I have trawled the internet for new shoes, it seems plenty of retailers are happy to sell USA products, but not the wear and tear spares for such. So, can anyone pount me in the direction of shoes for the NW2?

Charles Ro is the go-to USA Trains spares..

I do not know of anyone in the UK who holds the shoes..
My only suggestion for a UK supplier, would be to call GRS? - I know they carry the NW2 motor blocks.

There is also a very slim chance, it might be worth contacting g-bits.co.uk as they list the 'blocks as well??

PhilP.

g-bits

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Best answers
There is also a very slim chance, it might be worth contacting g-bits.co.uk as they list the 'blocks as well??

Yes, we have stock, £4.50/pair, you need one pair per block ie two pairs per loco. UK postage is £3.50, unfortunately they're too chunky to pass through the post office's large letter filter.

Jonathan
g-bits.co.uk

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The LGB shoes are better as they are a little bit wider and run better through the frogs.

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Oh, i didnt realise LGB would fit/work or be compatible