Unusual/strangest "Real Figures" that have visited your Railway

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
chris beckett said:
As far as I know.. In typical Australian "keep it simple", it is called.... a Blue Wren :D

Surprised that in Strine (Australian English) it´s not simply called a Bluey. So much more compact. But I understand that that expression is already taken for a redhead. Go figure, as the Americans say.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Woke up to this, this morning.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• Buck in yard.jpg
    Buck in yard.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 49

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Guess he's just browsing :happy:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
trammayo said:
Guess he's just browsing :happy:

Browsing, maybe. But he had his harem with him. A few of whom had already jumped the fence to the farm, but there was one who seemed clueless, and he was waiting for her to join the others.

cbeckett

Osier & Woodhurst (UK), Gosnells Extension (OZ)
17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Wow! Surprised something that big doesn't damage your railway! We keep our 'roos in a fenced off bit of the garden - well away from the tracks!

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
If you read a bit on the US forums/train web sites they are often talking about the serious damage they cause and how difficult they are to keep out.

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
I never got a picture of, or can even figure out, what critter was able to do this damage... bend a brass rail - I can`t do it...

My best  guess is that the critter could smell some tasty food under the track, so pushed it out of the way...

We live in a gated community, so I can`t see 2-IMG_0898.JPG  what could have got in to do it...

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Beddhist said:
If you read a bit on the US forums/train web sites they are often talking about the serious damage they cause and how difficult they are to keep out.

I haven't had any real damage that could not be fixed in five minutes, knock on wood. But you're correct. Seems like I hear stories from some of the guys out west, where deer have done some continual damage. Maybe they're Elk out there. They are bigger and heavier than White Tailed deer.

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
We have deer crossing the bottom of the garden out from forest on the edge of the Rhine rift valley. They come to eat the apples on the ground under the trees during winter. If I ever come out into the cold from the cellar, it will be with a ride-on scale, so perhaps I´ll have more problems with large animals.

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Well, was making progress on the Colmans Mustard Factory model, when friends came round with a slab of VB...

These two little girls were not impressed!  1-P2010004.jpg

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
I wasn`t sure whether to post this pic in "critters" or "scratch built" categories...but here goes .. a little helper with my Colmans Factory Model, which is in the early stages of weathering - lots of details like ` chutes, ladders etc to be added yet....the 5kg joey gives an idea of scale....1-P1010005.JPG

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
[quote author=chris beckett link=topic=300487.msg342326#msg342326 date=1422742741]
I never got a picture of, or can even figure out, what critter was able to do this damage... bend a brass rail - I can`t do it...

We live in a gated community, so I can`t see what could have got in to do it...
[/quote]
If I didn`t already know you`ve settled in WA, I would have said Tasmanian Devil....

Attachments

• 230px-Taz-Looney_Tunes_svg.jpg
    230px-Taz-Looney_Tunes_svg.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 33

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
chris beckett said:
I wasn't sure whether to post this pic in "critters" or "scratch built" categories...but here goes .. a little helper with my Colmans Factory Model, which is in the early stages of weathering - lots of details like ' chutes, ladders etc to be added yet....the 5kg joey gives an idea of scale....[attachment=0][/attachment]
Come on Chris! How are us insular Brits supposed to know how big a 5kg Joey is!! ??? ::) ::)
;) :D :happy: :happy:

The chair is a giveaway though..

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The only fact i know about a Joey is that they are not adults :-\ But judging by the chair, I would say he/she is about 20" in height. For those of you more advanced souls, 50.8 centimeters.

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Madman said:
The only fact i know about a Joey is that they are not adults :-\ But judging by the chair, I would say he/she is about 20" in height. For those of you more advanced souls, 50.8 centimeters.

You're not far off. That is standing on her feet, flat - but they (we have a pair at the moment) do stretch their backs up, , tip-toe, and raise their whole body on their tails, which makes them about 1m. Not bad for a 10-month old!

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Nah - wrong side of the country :D :D

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Ruby decided to help me - I`m making 40 windows from peg-baskets - yawn - for my Caleys` Chocolate Factory Model.

She has better legs than me!  1-P2130004.JPG

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe this will qualify as the smallest visitor.
Unfortunately, the next train driver did not see the spider on the track and it has now gone to its God.  :`(
red spider.JPG

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
gregh said:
Maybe this will qualify as the smallest visitor.
Unfortunately, the next train driver did not see the spider on the track and it has now gone to its God. :'(
[attachment=0][/attachment]

Oh well, easy come easy go ???