Unusual/strangest "Real Figures" that have visited your Railway

cbeckett

Osier & Woodhurst (UK), Gosnells Extension (OZ)
17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
I`ve opened this topic on this board, as it would get auto-deleted from the Coffee Lounge, but is reasonably serious, required photos to keep it alive and interesting.

"Real Figures" I loosely (very) describe as living  Animals, Aliens, Santas, even SWMBOs; anything other than us normal human beings (!) 

I did a straw poll in the coffee Lounge.

The Poll gave a 80% "Yes" vote. to having a thread showing "strangest visitors to your Garden Railway"

At the risk of repeating myself, I`ve attached a photograph - which actually gave another member the idea of posting such pictures. I hope the Moderators understand.

My picture shows a model of Colmans  Mustard Factory in the early stages of scratch-built construction, in the background. The foreground is 2 of my foster gals - Rosie looking at the model, Ruby just wanting to have a cuddle.. Sorry there isn`t a loco in sight, but this was a truly unstaged snapshot! 1-P1080009.JPG

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Hmmm, this is slow taking off - but I`ve see pictures of dogs, cats, turtles on Railways, on this forum in the past. Lots of Red Dragons, of course...

So here is another one. A while back, when I wasn`t used to Maggies being so tame - got used to it now!

The railway connection is that in the background is my 1980s Brandbright Station model, just unpacked from the container from the UK...

1-IMG_0142.JPG

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
ROSS said:
Will this include photos of humans as well? ;)

If so, I've got a snap of the mother-in-law somewhere giving the garden the once over. On second thoughts, maybe not. The missus has just been looking over my shoulder and I've been given the 'icy stare'.

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like the Aussies will be the only respondants.
Here`s my two.
A kookaburra likes my bridge as a perch to watch for his dinner
kooka.jpg

A blue tongue dinosaur (lizard) investigates an `intruder`
bluetongue.jpg

I never get pics of the wallabies that only come at night to leave their calling cards.

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Hey - getting momentum - yup, kids as well, but interesting, Greg, what you call a blue-tongue is totally different to what we do - also known as bobtails (flat end to tails) hmmm.... Loved the Kooka pic - they wake me up @0400 this time of the year, laughing their pants off. Had some in the garden, but not in "railway view".

I may have to ask moderators to remove mother-in-law pictures - we don't want to scare the neighbours, do we? :happy: :happy: :happy:

Keep them coming....Thanks

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
i think I can honestly say I have never taken a picture of MIL. :D

This hopped around the railway for a day or two a few years back.

DSC00004 (Small).JPG

DSC00025 (Small).JPG

Harry

Registered
17 Dec 2009
Best answers
Country flag
!

Last edited:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
chris beckett said:
I've opened this topic on this board, as it would get auto-deleted from the Coffee Lounge, but is reasonably serious, required photos to keep it alive and interesting.

"Real Figures" I loosely (very) describe as living Animals, Aliens, Santas, even SWMBOs; anything other than us normal human beings (!)

I did a straw poll in the coffee Lounge.

The Poll gave a 80% "Yes" vote. to having a thread showing "strangest visitors to your Garden Railway"

At the risk of repeating myself, I've attached a photograph - which actually gave another member the idea of posting such pictures. I hope the Moderators understand.

My picture shows a model of Colmans Mustard Factory in the early stages of scratch-built construction, in the background. The foreground is 2 of my foster gals - Rosie looking at the model, Ruby just wanting to have a cuddle.. Sorry there isn't a loco in sight, but this was a truly unstaged snapshot! [attachment=0][/attachment]

That's a really cute pair you have there, Chris - excuse me if this is a daft Pommie question, but are they Wallabies or actual baby 'Roos? ;)

"Squeak Chitter Squeak!"
"What's that you say, Skippy? A plane crash 35 miles north-east of Wallamaloo...?"

Jon.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have posted this before (a while back), so apologies - but it is relevant to the thread for those who haven't seen it before ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c30Sy4mE6o

Rik

KandNWLR

Live steam on the indoor K&NWLR
18 Dec 2011
Alsace
www.youtube.com
Best answers
ge_rik said:
I have posted this before (a while back), so apologies - but it is relevant to the thread for those who haven't seen it before ........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c30Sy4mE6o

Rik

Robin´s not bad, but the little stream running down alongside the track ... a masterstroke. :D

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Zerogee said:
That's a really cute pair you have there, Chris - excuse me if this is a daft Pommie question, but are they Wallabies or actual baby 'Roos? ;)

"Squeak Chitter Squeak!"
"What's that you say, Skippy? A plane crash 35 miles north-east of Wallamaloo...?"

Jon.

Yup, this pair are Western Grey Kangaroos - about 8 months old. We've had "Euros" before (No, I don't know why they are called that either), but never any Reds - yet - the most laid back of them all, though there are a few adolescents at the Shelter, none have needed home care. These three species are the most common in Western Australia, but there are 43 species in total, many rare and protected. We don't get many wallabies on this side of Oz. Plenty of possums (Dame Edna, anyone?) and bandicoots,and the odd echidna (hard to handle) in the way of mammals. Emus don't count as mammals (the bird, not the train...) but are so thick, they probably couldn't count anyhow, daft creatures...

Thanks for asking; I guess wildlife is high on my agenda, after trains! My wife and I are both certified (!) Rangers for the Dept of Parks and Wildlife.

Haven't spoken to Skippy recently - we had a row when he wouldn't tell me where he had hidden the Fosters.... :D

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
chris beckett said:
Haven't spoken to Skippy recently - we had a row when he wouldn't tell me where he had hidden the Fosters.... :D

Fell off chair :D :happy:

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
Not wise these days to mention a certain kangeroo song.

Theres some wallabies near me, some escaped a few years ago and have bred in the woods

They have also been seen near bearsted and Pluckley

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, and a wild flock of budgerigars at Margate!

sparky230

Registered
29 Mar 2011
Northfleet
Best answers
stockers said:
Yes, and a wild flock of budgerigars at Margate!

Theres a Flock of parakeets in Greenwich

cbeckett

17 Nov 2013
Gosnells, Perth, WA
Best answers
Piccies would be nice - particularly if they visited your Garden Railway (weak attempt to get the thread back "on track") :)

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Thread drift alert| :eek:

DSC01180 (Small).JPG

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
FolkestoneKeith from the EG&SNNR
DSC01766 (Small).JPG

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Nice cardy!

Do we need a knitwear thread as well?? ;) ;) ;)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
chris beckett said:
Yup, this pair are Western Grey Kangaroos - about 8 months old. We've had "Euros" before (No, I don't know why they are called that either), but never any Reds - yet - the most laid back of them all, though there are a few adolescents at the Shelter, none have needed home care. These three species are the most common in Western Australia, but there are 43 species in total, many rare and protected. We don't get many wallabies on this side of Oz. Plenty of possums (Dame Edna, anyone?) and bandicoots,and the odd echidna (hard to handle) in the way of mammals. Emus don't count as mammals (the bird, not the train...) but are so thick, they probably couldn't count anyhow, daft creatures...

Thanks for asking; I guess wildlife is high on my agenda, after trains! My wife and I are both certified (!) Rangers for the Dept of Parks and Wildlife.

Hahaha, wonderful.... ;)

Thanks for the info - sounds like a pretty good job to have!
How do you find the wildlife mixes with the garden trains...?

Never mind Dame Edna, what about Cultural Attache Sir Les Patterson.....? :eek:

Jon.