Uniform Stock Cars for the C&RG

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Finally got round to uniforming some stock cars for the railroad,to many railroad names so decided some while ago to make a few at least look the same,no major work,just repaint,lettering and some weathering.Being some old models they had to be cleaned off,some flaking paint and lettering but soap,water,white spirit and a small wire brush soon sorted them out,I have 5 cars,one left as C&S(to run with my Mogul) and the others changed.One car i got secondhand (cheap) a long time ago,was a badly made and painted kit,no brake wheel assembly and broken door so was always slightly different from the out of the box items,so finished it off  in a slightly different way so it appears as a older pre rebuild item,LGB brakewheel used and some boards painted as new replacemnts, :also kept it empty so will take the soundblaster unit for the cow sounds,the three others then to uniform condition as if a batch of rebuilds, three coats brush painted,lettered,then a base coat colour wash to tone down the lettering,spray dusting,then i have a matt varnish tinlet that is laced with a little white and light stone  I use for weathering purposes,ran some along the bottom boards to give the impression of wash out,the interiors have paint brush bristle straw and long horn cattle,can`t remember where they came from but they fit the bill ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• STOCKCARS 016.jpg
    STOCKCARS 016.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 41
  • STOCKCARS 014.jpg
    STOCKCARS 014.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 34
  • STOCKCARS 007.jpg
    STOCKCARS 007.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 33

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car