Two Lights at the same time

BEEF BOSS

Registered
24 Sep 2022
Bend OR
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, does anyone know if I can turn on the front lights and rear lights at the same time on an LGB locomotive with a DCC installed and using the universal remote (aka LGB 55015)?

BEEF BOSS

Registered
24 Sep 2022
Bend OR
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, but thank was just wondering because I’m getting my LGB locomotives fitted with DCC so I want to if it is possible or not for when I get them back

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Same answer applies... for a modern decoder, probably.

You do realize that your controller can only run 14 speed steps.... and limited on functions too... what decoders are you having fitted?

You should really step up your controller to 28/128...

You should describe the entire system, the main system (command station, booster, cabs) and what types of decoders you are to have fitted.

Otherwise you may have the capability in the locos but cannot control them... also you might have the controllers to do what you want, but the decoders incapable of the functions you want.

Greg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks, but thank was just wondering because I’m getting my LGB locomotives fitted with DCC so I want to if it is possible or not for when I get them back
Ask the person who's fitting the decoders if you can, and how to do it, would probably be easiest

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, does anyone know if I can turn on the front lights and rear lights at the same time
That is technically possible within the DCC specifications.

an LGB locomotive with a DCC installed
Whether it is possible for you may vary, depending on specifically which DCC decoder is actually installed on the loco concerned.

using the universal remote (aka LGB 55015)?
It may be tricky with an LGB remote like a 55015, especially if it it is not a 55015p

Further information about both your DCC setup and your operational intentions would be useful!

Wistow vale rlwy

Registered
20 Feb 2010
WISTOW NORTH YORKSHIRE
Best answers
Country flag
Many of my LGB DCC locos have a 'shunting speed' (half loco normal speed) activated by pressing button 8 on the remote. In this mode all lights are on. The locos that have this feature came set like this. Though the loco speed is halved it does give more prototypical speeds.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Older LGB locos with LGB supplied decoders had a value of 128 for the front light and 64 for the rear light. add these together and replace the 128 with 192 and front and rear will light. Zimo decoders use CV33 for the front light and is set to 1, change this to 3 and you will get front and rear lights on. For other decoders I need more info for how the lights are selected to help here.

BEEF BOSS

Registered
24 Sep 2022
Bend OR
Best answers
Country flag
Same answer applies... for a modern decoder, probably.

You do realize that your controller can only run 14 speed steps.... and limited on functions too... what decoders are you having fitted?

You should really step up your controller to 28/128...

You should describe the entire system, the main system (command station, booster, cabs) and what types of decoders you are to have fitted.

Otherwise you may have the capability in the locos but cannot control them... also you might have the controllers to do what you want, but the decoders incapable of the functions you want.

Greg
sorry i responded so late, for the main system im using the Massoth Wireless DCC Starter set (Massoth DiMAX 1210Z Central Station, Massoth DiMAX Navigator 2.4GHz) and for the booster I'm using the Massoth DiMAX 1202B Digital Booster, and finally for the decoder, I'm having a Massoth eMOTION XXL II Locomotive Decoder installed

BEEF BOSS

Registered
24 Sep 2022
Bend OR
Best answers
Country flag
So what would be the button for turning on all lights?

BEEF BOSS

Registered
24 Sep 2022
Bend OR
Best answers
Country flag
So what would be the button for turning on all lights?