Turntable

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Only from last Weds when I said I was getting better and I'd soon be bouncing like Tigger?

The Avatar was in a reply from Chris Vernall....

Ah, I must have missed that conversation.... ;)

Some time ago the Memsahib and I were watching something on TV and she made a comment about a young lady on screen having "Tigger B**bs" - I must have looked puzzled, because the explanation (with a big grin) was "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, FunFunFunFunFun!"

I think that, in the big Lottery of Life, I have been quite fortunate..... :D

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Meanwhile, back on topic.... nice bit of modification there with the Maschinenhaus baseplate, Giz - and probably a lot easier than waiting for Bertram to send you a new one!

He is (in my experience) very good about sorting out any problems, when I picked up my pre-ordered little diesel kit from him at last year's Llanfair show I found it was missing several parts, but they were very quickly sent through to me direct from his workshop after a couple of emails, even though he was still over in the UK. I think he must have several full-time staff working on the architectural modelling side of his business, my guess would be that the railway modelling part of the business is very much a sideline as far as turnover is concerned.

Jon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Meanwhile, back on topic.... nice bit of modification there with the Maschinenhaus baseplate, Giz - and probably a lot easier than waiting for Bertram to send you a new one!

He is (in my experience) very good about sorting out any problems, when I picked up my pre-ordered little diesel kit from him at last year's Llanfair show I found it was missing several parts, but they were very quickly sent through to me direct from his workshop after a couple of emails, even though he was still over in the UK. I think he must have several full-time staff working on the architectural modelling side of his business, my guess would be that the railway modelling part of the business is very much a sideline as far as turnover is concerned.

Jon.
Yes Jon,

I've also found his service to be very good. When I built my 'Hosentrager' kit, I managed to break one of the allen screws during assembly. I asked him to sell me new ones, but he sent then FoC....

D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 4232

Moved

Last edited by a moderator:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Slow progress, but progress all the same.

I built up the 'Machine House' that will cover the turntable motor and decoder pcb....

WP_20190130_16_44_14_Pro.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I also had to cut a recess on the side for where the machine house sits on the turntable itself. You can see the modified base plate on this photo....

WP_20190131_11_39_42_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The Machine House in place, covering the motor and decoder....

WP_20190131_16_59_53_Pro.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
All good stuff!

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Was there a door supplied with the Maschinenhaus, Giz? If not, might be a good idea to make one as the turntable is going to live outside.....

Jon.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Was there a door supplied with the Maschinenhaus, Giz? If not, might be a good idea to make one as the turntable is going to live outside.....

Jon.
Yes Jon, there is!

Hanging the door is the next job, after I've painted it?

I'm thinking of using rail clamps when I install the turntable in place, so I can bring it indoors if there is any inclement weather, even though the turntable is suitable for outdoors use....

Last edited:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I've not made a lot of progress with the turntable, due to having pneumonia, but some unseasonably warm weather at the end of February got me out into the garden at long last.

I laid a circular slab for the base. It had a 'riven' surface but the underside is smooth, so this slab is upside-down....

Last edited:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Here's how it will look when in place. I need to find the best position for the entry road, and I may need to move the nearby crossover further to the left....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
On this photo, I've moved the entry road one position clockwise. These sections just 'plug in' place as required....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Personally, I think the way the entry-roads clip-in, is the clever bit.. :nerd::wondering::nod::nod:

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
That's a turnout for the books...
Okay, time to switch off...