Transmitters

Captain Flack

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Devon
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for information on a suitable system for an rc transmitter and receiver system to fit a battery train now, and in the future a live steam. So want a multi model system.
I'm sure this has been covered multiple times in the past but not sure what I am looking for when doing a search, sorry!!!
Not looking to spend mega bucks, just want something simple and reliable.
I believe that you can get systems that incorporate Rx & ESC together, which is fine for the battery , but I assume I would only need an RX plus servos for the live steam.
Can someone recommend something suitable and where the best place is to buy it?

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for information on a suitable system for an rc transmitter and receiver system to fit a battery train now, and in the future a live steam. So want a multi model system.
I'm sure this has been covered multiple times in the past but not sure what I am looking for when doing a search, sorry!!!
Not looking to spend mega bucks, just want something simple and reliable.
I believe that you can get systems that incorporate Rx & ESC together, which is fine for the battery , but I assume I would only need an RX plus servos for the live steam.
Can someone recommend something suitable and where the best place is to buy it?
I suggest you keep the rx and ESC separate, as you won't need the ESC when using the system in a live steamer?

I personally like the RCS system from Tony Walsham in Oz. His TX is small and much more like a train controller (e.g. knobs) than a stick plane TX. He sells an RX that is DSM2 compatible, plus there are other vendors that sell similar units (I buy them from Aliexpress for about $6 each.) He also has ESCs and provides good service. At the moment, the AUS$ is low against the US$ so I can buy them very cheap!
Remote Control Systems - Home

DU-Tx-1-a.jpg

The Revolution (ex-Aristo/Crest) system gets good marks for value and sound, but isn't good for a live steamer.

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Funny, I was wondering what an R/C question was doing in the DCC forum, then I noticed there is no R/C forum, surely there should be?

Greg

I suppose many tend to post under the battery section?

If you want a single handset, for (up to) 12 loco's..

I have a vested interest in these..

phil@rctrains.co.uk

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As Max says Fosworks do systems for bot Live Steam and Battery Power.

i have my 3 Roundhouse Steam Locomotives worked from individual Handsets for each Locomotive, much easier for guests that way. Same for my Battery Locomotives.

Tx3 Handsets for Live Steam Servos and Tx2 for Battery Power. Probably not the cheapest option as you need to relink (Bind) for using the same Handset on different Locomotives. However Fosworks have changed the process on more recent setups and it is simple process now.