Best answers
Country flag

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The builder was a modeller for Land Rover, I believe..

Unfortunately, no longer with us.

PhilP

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Those open doors suggest the potential for health and safety issues.

schienenkönig

I'm a tram enthusiast and have made trams Scale G
4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Mmmmh, nice to see that Schwebebahn modell. but why is it not here in Wuppertal? With my trams below on the street it looks for sure much better.

Better I hide myself now. :sunglasses:

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
A small update on the tramways that are currently being built. First, the Hagen tram 336 and its trailer 133 are 99% finished. only the couplings need to be adjusted. However, I can only do this on my friend's outdoor layout. The last work on this tram set was the rear view mirrors on the motor coach.
81047-modell-hagen-336+133-16.01.2023.jpg

Above picture, headlighs, (warning) indicators, Lightings inside and number lights,
Bottom picture, changed direction showing now brake lowest ones and rear lights in the middle

81048-modell-hagen-336+133-16.01.2023.jpg

The mirror is mounted.

Secondly: The water sprinling car 711 and its trailer 1724 have finally received the electrical wiring, so that the trailer has now also received its back and front lights. Later it looks like the green one. (Not mine)
81042-modell-711.1724-16.01.2023.jpg

Electric from ther motor tram to thr trailer vis front cable an couplingd. A seperate decoder in the tralier.

81044-modell-711.1724-16.01.2023.jpg

The motor tram 711 has also a rotating warn light on both sides of the roof.

Thirdly: The Vestische Conversted articulated four-axle tram ,has been wired and will receive its motor block at the end of January.
81039-modell-vestische-16.01.2023.jpg

Wirr warr cables wiring - 12 wires.

81041-modell-vestische-16.01.2023.jpg

The motor block will be ready at the end of January. To the right the trailing chassis with the three-point ball bearing mounted wheels,

vestische motorblock0.png

How the motoblock is made. A friend of mine made it woth a CNC milling machine. He made four of those blocks three for his models and one for me.

vestische-motorblock1.jpg

vestische-motorblock2.jpg

vestische-motorblock3.jpg

vestische-motorblock4.jpg

vestische-motorblock5.jpg

vestische-motorblock6.jpg
vestische-motorblock7.jpg

vestische-motorblock8.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
A small update on the tramways that are currently being built. First, the Hagen tram 336 and its trailer 133 are 99% finished. only the couplings need to be adjusted. However, I can only do this on my friend's outdoor layout. The last work on this tram set was the rear view mirrors on the motor coach.
81047-modell-hagen-336+133-16.01.2023.jpg

Above picture, headlighs, (warning) indicators, Lightings inside and number lights,
Bottom picture, changed direction showing now brake lowest ones and rear lights in the middle

81048-modell-hagen-336+133-16.01.2023.jpg

The mirror is mounted.

Secondly: The water sprinling car 711 and its trailer 1724 have finally received the electrical wiring, so that the trailer has now also received its back and front lights. Later it looks like the green one. (Not mine)
81042-modell-711.1724-16.01.2023.jpg

Electric from ther motor tram to thr trailer vis front cable an couplingd. A seperate decoder in the tralier.

81044-modell-711.1724-16.01.2023.jpg

The motor tram 711 has also a rotating warn light on both sides of the roof.

Thirdly: The Vestische Conversted articulated four-axle tram ,has been wired and will receive its motor block at the end of January.
81039-modell-vestische-16.01.2023.jpg

Wirr warr cables wiring - 12 wires.

81041-modell-vestische-16.01.2023.jpg

The motor block will be ready at the end of January. To the right the trailing chassis with the three-point ball bearing mounted wheels,

vestische motorblock0.png

How the motoblock is made. A friend of mine made it woth a CNC milling machine. He made four of those blocks three for his models and one for me.

vestische-motorblock1.jpg

vestische-motorblock2.jpg

vestische-motorblock3.jpg

vestische-motorblock4.jpg

vestische-motorblock5.jpg

vestische-motorblock6.jpg
vestische-motorblock7.jpg

vestische-motorblock8.jpg
Superb innovative work as ever, I marvel at the quality of your trams when they are completed with all the small parts and working lights. An inspiration to us all.

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Hello together,
The new engine has been completed and is now installed in the vehicle.
It will be brought to life with an ESU 5.0 decoder. It has a LGB Motor and normal steel axles. LGB gear wheels were mounted on the axles. In addition, the motor axle has a brass flywheel. At the moment I am building the running gear for the trailing motor. This has two ball-bearing axles with current consumption via the axles.

Hopefully it will be able to run by next Tuesday.
6700.jpg

6701.jpg

50751-evag-tag-der-offenen-tuer-21.09.2013.jpg

Than the tram will get the green painting, like the one in the picture.
Peter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Doesn't work, as I don't do FacileBook..

PhilP

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Hope this works for you

Like that a lot. One of my chums on the Catalan G Scale forum, Joan Mitjans, has made a model with a similar arrangement, of one of the modern sets from the Vall de Núria Rack Railway (Cremallera) from Ribes de Freser up to Núria in the Spanish Pyrenees (makes a great trip BTW). His seems to be less forgiving of sharp curves!

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Like that a lot. One of my chums on the Catalan G Scale forum, Joan Mitjans, has made a model with a similar arrangement, of one of the modern sets from the Vall de Núria Rack Railway (Cremallera) from Ribes de Freser up to Núria in the Spanish Pyrenees (makes a great trip BTW). His seems to be less forgiving of sharp curves!
Very nice set, looks like a classic case of scale dimensions not fitting R1 curves. My North Pilton Tram has a larger gap between the portions thus allowing better transit through sharpe curves.

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
Hello forum community,
I have breathed some life into our model of the Tw 396. It has interior lighting, working headlights and tail lights depending on the direction of travel. Unfortunately, the orange brake lights only light up when the vehicle is at a standstill. The direction indicators are manually controlled. They can also be switched as warning lights. The model has power pick-ups on all four axles. In addition, there is a flywheel mass on the engine and last but not least, it also has a buffer storage.

We would like to paint the car in green. Unfortunately we have no idea how the roof was painted and what colour the chassis were. We only work with photos from books and the internet. We cannot contribute own photos. On the internet we found out that the Dusseldorf train was painted in RAL colour 1000. But it seems very pale or yellowish to me. Tomorrow I will take a look to a RAL colour chart in the DIY store.
Upppssss. In the end, the driver did not pay attention to the fact that the spring switch was completely overrun.

I hope I haven't bored anyone here.

Greetings from Wuppertal
Peter Bosbach

Reactions: 1 user

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice, I am interested to know more about the articulation, how will you disguise the gap on sharp curves?

I am planning to convert 2 Bachmann models in to a similar configuration and any information on the articulation would be appreciated.

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The unit running on the outside line, all the sections have square ends, and little allowance has been allowed for our tight curves..
The tram, has curved ends, and allowance made for this.

PhilP

schienenkönig

4 May 2014
Wuppertal
Country
Germany
www.schwebebahn-wtal.de
Best answers
Country flag
To close the gaps I will use a thin piece of dark grey / black Latex.

Peter

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice, I am interested to know more about the articulation, how will you disguise the gap on sharp curves?

I am planning to convert 2 Bachmann models in to a similar configuration and any information on the articulation would be appreciated.
In the past I have made flexible corridor connections in TT,OO and O gauge. Was going to do it with my NP Flexicity but that has been canned now. This link is just one method with some revisions for our scale may just work.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
In days gone by, when I used to model OO mainline, I made my corridor connections, as above, but I made them out of black cartridge paper, so no painting required.

David