Trains4u shoplift

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have often wondered about tills being at the opposite end to the door. But as many people appear to have been born in a Barn or at best do not shut doors because they may be afraid to break the door we have consistently opened doors in all types of not only shops but also in my local pub which has a real problem with punters not shutting the front door when they come in. Fortunately the landlord is a big bloke and afraid of nobody to tell them to shut the door. One can imagine sat by a till next to a door in the winter being a cold occupation.
From personal experience, being on your own in a shop with a pair of shoplifters is not a nice experience. We had a panic button which went through to the Police, but on the one occasion that I had cause to use it, the thieves had left - fortunately No 2 son turned up at just the right time to balance things up, and the thieves were not allowed to leave until they had put everything on the floor (it was all tagged, and set of the security alarm).

On the previous occasion, the thief was working alone, so I could supervise him emptying his bag of all the swag - repeatedly until he could pass the alarm without it sounding.

The same bloke's first visit was with a girl, and she kept No 1 son talking by the cash till at the door while he snuck in the office and nicked the laptop :swear::swear::swear:

The Police gave us his picture to put on the wall, after he'd been convicted of another similar offence, and they also gave us the pictures of his known associates to display.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
From personal experience, being on your own in a shop with a pair of shoplifters is not a nice experience. We had a panic button which went through to the Police, but on the one occasion that I had cause to use it, the thieves had left - fortunately No 2 son turned up at just the right time to balance things up, and the thieves were not allowed to leave until they had put everything on the floor (it was all tagged, and set of the security alarm).

On the previous occasion, the thief was working alone, so I could supervise him emptying his bag of all the swag - repeatedly until he could pass the alarm without it sounding.

The same bloke's first visit was with a girl, and she kept No 1 son talking by the cash till at the door while he snuck in the office and nicked the laptop :swear::swear::swear:

The Police gave us his picture to put on the wall, after he'd been convicted of another similar offence, and they also gave us the pictures of his known associates to display.
Scary experiences, we have I guess seen all those horrible vids of attacks on shopkeepers. Not a nice place to be with money and goods in varying quantities Just hoping that nobody is wanting to relieve you of some or all of them.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

Unfortunately many years ago my Mother's Post Office was robbed by armed robbers, they didn't get much as they couldn't find the safe. The Police apparently knew where to find the gits, but didn't do anything, as they where gypsies from one of the neighbouring towns, in a different county. Doesn't give anybody any confidence in the Law does t

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Paging EbayMike - many thanks, Sir, NDM handed over my LGB chassis this evening - for some reason it went next door! Thanks again - exactly what I needed.