David Palmeter

Fun in the Central Hoosier Flatlands
7 Dec 2017
Noblesville IN
palmeter.com
Best answers
Country flag
Very old timer but new here. Hi!

My life long passions have been cars and trains and I am laying plans for an indoor 1:24 scale layout with operating versions of both. My outdoor G Scale railroad has been a real treat for almost 10 years but a bad back and other problems make indoors more appealing.

See you on the boards!

David

IMG_0681w.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
Welcome, Casey - that looks interesting.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Casey oh dear we now have two Casey Jones. That will be confusing! Re your back, your line is pretty modest have you thought about raising it to 3' or 3'6" High?

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to GSC! Looks to be a very nice compact line you have, looking forward to more photos.... and to your progress on building an indoor setup if you decide to go that way....

Jon.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Casey oh dear we now have two Casey Jones. That will be confusing! Re your back, your line is pretty modest have you thought about raising it to 3' or 3'6" High?
Two Casey Jones!!! A touch of Spartacus me thinks.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Casey Jones is 78 according to his profile. Should he be the senior to casey jones snr? Perhaps we should stick to the Roman theme and have casey jones minimus, minor, major and maximus. :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Casey Jones is 78 according to his profile. Should he be the senior to casey jones snr? Perhaps we should stick to the Roman theme and have casey jones minimus, minor, major and maximus. :)
It's OK, it means we have a spare one :nod::nod:

Casey Jones, climbed in the cabin
Casey Jones, orders in his hand
Casey Jones, leanin' out the window
Taking a trip to the Promised Land

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Casey Jones "II". Looking forward to your participation and of course pictures. We love pictures.

David Palmeter

Fun in the Central Hoosier Flatlands
7 Dec 2017
Noblesville IN
palmeter.com
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to all for your welcomes, comments, suggestions and particularly to Paul for changing my name to the one I started out with 78 years ago! The Casey Jones episode was fun but I am easily confused....

In response to specific comments:

1. I thought a lot about raising the Frankfort Terminal Railroad Backyard Division but a host of challenges make that very difficult.

2. I will be glad to post pictures of the FTRR Basement Division as it progresses. I am selling all my HO trains to make a table available, next I will sell off my 1:32 scale slot car track in order to make another table available. I have already sold my 1:10 scale R/C cars so I could gain more workbench space and sold my excess inventory of model car kits to free up some storage space.

3. As a matter of fact, I love pictures, too. If you would like to see hundreds concerning my model railroad background, here is a good place to start. It includes the step-by-step series of how I scratch built the RBRBB:

IMG_9511w.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice railway - welcome aboard.

Paul M

Registered