Thiel point levers

DGE-Railroad

The Orchard Line
26 Jan 2020
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Thiel point levers?

They're not the cheapest things ever at 48 euros but they look to be quite nice items and well made

Point levers

DBDR_Weichenstellhebel-4.jpg

Last edited:

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Has anyone tried the Thiel point levers?

They're not the cheapest things ever at 48 euros but they look to be quite nice items and well made

Point levers

View attachment 274964
Hi,

I've just received my order of 3 x RhB point levers. They are of excellent quality - superb engineering and very realistic. My only challenge is that I am fitting them to a small yard with one R3 and two R1 points. Long bogie wagons foul the counterweight which means I will have to fabricate spacers to move the lever mechanism further back from the track.

Did you purchase any?

David

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi David,

A question: On which side of the turnout have you mounted the levers, straight or diverging? Does it matter? (Is it a problem on both sides of the turnout?)

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil,

Yes, it took my aged brain a while to figure out that the levers should be fitted to the straight side of the point. I am using them in a tight freight yard with LGB R1 points. Once fitted to the straight side there is no fouling, even with the 660mm Rp-w stake bogie wagons. The only modification required was to use one of the extension pieces supplied with the levers for the point activation bar. To be fair, the units are true to the original and are very well engineered.

David

David K

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Offaly, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Phil,

Further to above, here are a few images of an installation of one of the levers on the only R1 point on my mainline.

Snapshot_2.png

Close-up of Thiel-Gleis RhB point lever installed at KWD 12.11.2021.jpgThiel-Gleis RhB point lever installed at KWD 12.11.2021.jpgSnapshot_1.png

Reactions: 1 user

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Good to know. They do look nice! I don't think I'll be using manual point levers anywhere they are visible myself but this is good info