The "Patio Central" Railroad

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
That's a new one on me. I've never seen or heard of it.
I must admit I don't think it really took off, it was probably a bit of a gimmick. It also wasn't too good for the tyres, it would have effected the rubber.

Highball18

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
26 May 2015
Southeastern Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
Sure is a lot of talk about car tires in this thread... :D

On that note, I am thinking about adding an old pickup truck or two to the layout. I can get some nice plastic models (which I enjoy building) in 1:24 or 1:25 scale. Big hauler is 1:22.5, right? Is that close enough for "rule 8"?

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
The cars included with LGB auto transporter sets are 1/24 as a comparison. They look good enough for me.

Highball18

26 May 2015
Southeastern Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_3017.JPG
Parts arrived today, didn't take long for the shop crew to make the repairs...
IMG_3018.JPG

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Somewhere...
I still have a white 'crayon' sold for highlighting the lettering on your tyres..
Oh, and a roll of 2" wide multi-stripe/colour 'go-faster' stripe.. 'Instantly adds 5mph to your top-speed!' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Highball18

26 May 2015
Southeastern Wisconsin
Best answers
Country flag
Trains are still rolling on the Patio Central RR! We've acquired another boxcar, and 2 more locomotives since our last visit here... We have a small German 0-4-0 and open air passenger car that we use for "fan trips" and special excursions! The purchase agreement for the steamer included a German diesel, but we rarely run it because everyone here at the PCRR prefers steam...

Our weary old ten wheeler still serves us well for our freight runs. She was converted back to track power because the batteries used in her conversion were not of sufficient quality to power her long term, and it was decided that track power would be a better solution...