dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Well last weekend saw initially fit clamps to my last point, then it was time to tackle the gradient.
First off make myself a simple jig:
View media item 3198
Two block half inch difference in height, and 12 1/2" apart (at the corners that touch) gives me 1:25, with the bubble touching one line (in the sight glass) it goes to 1:30, and the other line 1:20. The level was bought some time ago (new) from a long gone well know DIY store.

Next it was time to dis mantle the gradient already laid and accurately re-lay it, along with temporary fitting to the bridge, as you will see I used my LGB for this:

Next day saw permanent fitting of the rest of the gradient up to the bridge, and used my bachman for this, a little disappointed, no traction tyres, and not as good adhesion:

These test runs made my mind up about coupling types across my (very small) fleet.
Those little Bachman 2-6-0's are renown for their lack of ability to remove skin from Rice Puddings on less than level track. Nice progress being maintained Jimmy. Well remember do it all or as I used to call it do b... all!

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
So this week has see me finish the second half of the gradient with a temporary curve at the bottom awaiting delivery of some more track, rather warm especially cutting the blocks.
View media item 3212
I also manage my first track side video

Reactions: 3 users

Markrider

Registered
24 Jan 2019
Kent
Best answers
How far did you get with this ? Interesting to see