dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Having looked at the Swift 16 Railcar I have to say that is is a good Beast for the Money. Have recently bought a couple of their expanding Chassis Kits for my Steam Trams and they are a lot of steps up from the quality of the IP Budget chassis used in their smaller Railcars. Nothing wrong with them, but for more serious use I now know where my money is best spent. Horses for courses I guess but I think you get what you pay for.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Having looked at the Swift 16 Railcar I have to say that is is a good Beast for the Money. Have recently bought a couple of their expanding Chassis Kits for my Steam Trams and they are a lot of steps up from the quality of the IP Budget chassis used in their smaller Railcars. Nothing wrong with them, but for more serious use I now know where my money is best spent. Horses for courses I guess but I think you get what you pay for.
I have to agree that the IP Engineering chassis don't tend to be of the highest quality. They're OK for light work but not really up to pulling a decent load. I got through two on my IPE Jessie before replacing them with a USAt motor block.
Rik