Steaming Sensation!

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Folks, Join us as our wonderful Roundhouse Engineering Darjeeling ‘D’ Class Garratt gets to show off her paces on a very sunny May Day on Pine Tree Junction.

Reactions: 7 users

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Beautiful job .... the video and the garden.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks Peter! We are very lucky to have the time to spend playing trains and keeping the garden looking nice. Isn't retirement wonderful! Take care!

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Superbly made vid in great weather in a lovely Garden. This is a real showcase for the RH Garrett, but where is the train? Sorry to be a little negative but such a locomotive should be seen hauling a train, would have been so much more interesting with a good long line of Wagons behind her. Next time please?

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Superbly made vid in great weather in a lovely Garden. This is a real showcase for the RH Garrett, but where is the train? Sorry to be a little negative but such a locomotive should be seen hauling a train, would have been so much more interesting with a good long line of Wagons behind her. Next time please?

Hi, Many thanks for the fantastic post. It's really great when folks say they enjoy watching our little videos. You are completely correct when you say our brilliant Roundhouse Garratt should be seen pulling a long line of wagons. Here is a little video we did sometime ago with her pulling a logging train. Hope you like it!

Reactions: 2 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
:envy::envy::clap:

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
We likes blue, us.

Beautiful English garden, too.....

tac

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
We likes blue, us.

Beautiful English garden, too.....

tac
Well that makes two of us. We love the Oxford Blue of our Roundhouse Katie and Garrett. Somehow, the blue seems to sparkle against all the green trees, grass, blue sky and bright flowers. I think if we have another Roundhouse it will have to be Oxford Blue as well! Many thanks and take care!

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice much better to see her dragging a good train and the slip from one bogie set as it got its feet into the load with the other bogie still managing to work was great. I know you will take a long time setting up the varying cameos but the editing also takes an age as well. So many thanks for making and posting such great vids. I must aspire to your efforts for my line, I think it deserves it.

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice much better to see her dragging a good train and the slip from one bogie set as it got its feet into the load with the other bogie still managing to work was great. I know you will take a long time setting up the varying cameos but the editing also takes an age as well. So many thanks for making and posting such great vids. I must aspire to your efforts for my line, I think it deserves it.

Hi John,

Many thanks for getting back and so glad you liked our Garratt pulling her heavy train of logs. We have such fun playing trains in the garden and making these little videos.

We are very lucky to have the time to play trains and to keep the garden looking in good order now we are retired. Filming any of our Roundhouse steamers does require lots of stops and starts and refilling the gas tank and boiler. It all makes for a great hobby and sharing our little videos on this Forum and our YouTube channel just adds to the fun.

Do keep making your videos as well so we can all see what you are up to in your garden. Take care!

P.S. Just posted our 'solo' Garratt again, this time in wide screen for all those TV, iPhone and iPad viewers!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
What a treat.
Lovely blue loco, (agree entirely about the contrast and the uniqueness of blue) , carefully crafted detail shots, (loved the zoom on the capstack and cab interior) great slo mo of the plume,
and best of all, a great garden and music.

Jag

Registered
27 Oct 2009
West Midlands England
www.youtube.com
Best answers
Country flag
What a treat.
Lovely blue loco, (agree entirely about the contrast and the uniqueness of blue) , carefully crafted detail shots, (loved the zoom on the capstack and cab interior) great slo mo of the plume,
and best of all, a great garden and music.

Wow! Hi Steve,

What a wonderful post and thanks so very much for your brilliant comments.

We really do enjoy making these little videos so fantastic comments like yours are really, really encouraging.

We have been out in the sunshine again today so hope you look out for our next garden railway video.

This time it's a Thomas the Tank Engine video and some of his Playmobil friends.

We have to keep the Grandchildren happy as well!

Take care!

Reactions: 1 user