Spa Bahn

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
So you're probably at 1,120 cu ft - but what do you want to do with them all ? :worried::worried::worried::worried:
I'd fill each cu ft with chocolate! :) But in this day and age guess, some would store Toilet Rolls!!!!

Still, filling a large shed, should not be a problem FOR anyone with a Garden Railway! ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I had a much larger Shed when i lived in France just 10 x 12 but that was meters not feet, they work in meters over there you know...

Reactions: 1 users

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I had a much larger Shed when i lived in France just 10 x 12 but that was meters not feet, they work in meters over there you know...
That's not a shed, it's a flaming barn :nerd:

• Haha

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Well they call them Hangers over there but i didn't have a Hairy plane

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Not much has been Happening on the Spa Bahn this winter this was a few days after the main snow fall when you could see a few parts of the track. A snow Plough definately needed for next year
DSCF4288.JPG

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Allso great excitment on the shed a new loco has arrived in excelent condition to be twined with the existing No 2 to run in tandem.DSCF1424.JPG

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have not seen a picture of a proper Duplex as they were called in Bosnia, but they back to backed two Stainz like locomotives just as you have done and called them class 173. The cab rear was hacked off. They were allegedly not very powerful and after a few years were singled and used as shunting locomotives. Be a good idea if you can to think about wiring them up as that will make the running much better with less stuttering on dirty track. With a little messing about you should be able to use the rear plugs with LGB fittings.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I have not seen a picture of a proper Duplex as they were called in Bosnia, but they back to backed two Stainz like locomotives just as you have done and called them class 173. The cab rear was hacked off. They were allegedly not very powerful and after a few years were singled and used as shunting locomotives. Be a good idea if you can to think about wiring them up as that will make the running much better with less stuttering on dirty track. With a little messing about you should be able to use the rear plugs with LGB fittings.
I was gonna suggest the loco roster number 22 :D :D :D

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I wired these two up using the rear cab power sockets for smooth running over dirty track and points.
Stainz numbers 3 and 4 are linked via wiring that is drilled into the chassis and linked up above the coupling with a mini plug.

IMG_3644 (2).JPGIMG_6143.JPG

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I always love your atmospheric smoke... do you run DC or Digital? I was thinking of trying to install masoth decoders inthem and pair them together. I need to get my Z800 unit back to Massoth though for them to fix it when the hopefully initial EU difficulties are over.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I always love your atmospheric smoke... do you run DC or Digital? I was thinking of trying to install masoth decoders inthem and pair them together. I need to get my Z800 unit back to Massoth though for them to fix it when the hopefully initial EU difficulties are over.

I run digital Peter. Means that the locos smoke all the time weather stopped or
Moving. Also some of my locos smoke units are directly wired to track power so not even the need to press “1” on the remote.

DA6E6AE3-85B6-4134-AA1F-12BB42D769F8.jpeg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I wired these two up using the rear cab power sockets for smooth running over dirty track and points.
Stainz numbers 3 and 4 are linked via wiring that is drilled into the chassis and linked up above the coupling with a mini plug.

View attachment 278962View attachment 278963
That's partly why I like the Bachmann 2-8-0s with tender pickups. It wasn't until Neil (Riograndad) came round and we tried out his Sumpter Mallet that I realised I had a long dead spot on a #6 large radius point :eek::eek:

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
So the question is what decoder’s do i put in the stainz to run them in tandem, would 2x eMotion M do the job? And are they relatively easily fitted?

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
So the question is what decoder’s do i put in the stainz to run them in tandem, would 2x eMotion M do the job? And are they relatively easily fitted?
I fitted the LGB 55021 version of the Massoth decoder to my Stainz. Tricky to get apart but I'm sure there'll be someone here who can explain how to do so....