Spa Bahn

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I decided i needed a revers loop outside as i have one in the shed, then i can continuously run in and out of the storage shed without having to revers back up the slope. It was good i had a double slip in storage.DSCF1400.JPG

Last edited:

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I resorted to using my i pad to do the pictures but for some reason i cant delete the duplicate one.

SORTED

Last edited:

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
well i corrected a smal error of the builders of the Brewery the arch for the rail wagons was not high enough i found ,so a slight mod was undertaken and sucess.I seem to have lost one small hindge bit of plastic to hang the gates though :(DSCF1404.JPG

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I resorted to using my i pad to do the pictures but for some reason i cant delete the duplicate one.
How did you add the pictures? If you did the top option then it is trickier to delete the duplicated one, but it can be done when editing the post. Best to add each picture Separetely then you have delete button to the right of each one.

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
How did you add the pictures? If you did the top option then it is trickier to delete the duplicated one, but it can be done when editing the post. Best to add each picture Separetely then you have delete button to the right of each one.
Thanks i managed to sort it out

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I am working on a new goods shed, its slightly larger than i first anticipated so may require a slight track realignment but thats life and even real life i guess. Hopefully pic’s tomorow.

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
a slight re alignement of track and need to sort out the acces roadDSCF1406.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
I am thinking of making my circuit double track running all theway round, am i correct in thinking whhile the uk and france run on the left track, Germany and Austria Trains run the opposite way?

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
I am thinking of making my circuit double track running all the way round, am i correct in thinking while the UK and France run on the left track, Germany and Austria trains run the opposite way?
Britain, most of France, Switzerland, Italy and Portugal run left-hand; the rest of Europe runs right-hand, except for Sweden, which is also mostly LH.
I checked Google to refresh my fading memory.

Last edited:

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Yes thats what i was thinking, in the recesses of my mind thinking there is some strange flyover on tracks between france and Germany i will work on right hand running and see how. My rack plan needs a tweak here and there. I know single lines are more narrow gauge but on a small track-plan, but twin tracks is better visually .

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I am thinking of making my circuit double track running all theway round, am i correct in thinking whhile the uk and france run on the left track, Germany and Austria Trains run the opposite way?
Correct!

One thing to consider if you use the LGB signals, is that these are configured for RH running as in Germany.

My railway was going to be LH running, but I had to reconsider and I am now driving on the right....

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Best answers
Country flag
Correct!

One thing to consider if you use the LGB signals, is that these are configured for RH running as in Germany.

My railway was going to be LH running, but I had to reconsider and I am now driving on the right....
The penny slowly drops why the signals didnt fit beforehand, silly Boy.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Britain, most of France, Switzerland, Italy and Portugal run left-hand; the rest of Europe runs right-hand, except for Sweden, which is also mostly LH.
I checked Google to refresh my fading memory.

How's that work.....:rofl:

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
How's that work.....:rofl:
There's an area in southern Sweden where they switch to right-hand running to connect with Denmark's railways. The French do the same at the German border.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I know single lines are more narrow gauge but on a small track-plan, but twin tracks is better visually .
There are a few notable double track sections on Euro NG lines, certainly on the RHB and the SBN. Runig had a good length leaving Luzern to the junction where the LSE left to go Mountain climbing in the Rack section. My beloved Harz has at least 3 short sections of double track but these are individual single lines that run parallel to each other for short distances. Then in Ireland there was the Cork Bkackrock and Passage that had a good run from Cork as ack but this was a suburban commuter line so that was to be expected. Horses for courses I guess, personally my choice is single line as on an end to end line it is so much more challenging (interesting) to run timetables on. But if your need is to just watch trains going round and round and round on your line then double track is the thing for you. Oh and on a single line for sighting in Germany the signals can be on the wrong side of the line, but you need a marker to advise the driver that is so!