Spa Bahn

• Thread starter FrenchChuffed
  • Start date
Adam1989

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Still working on the construction, I need to get some topsoil to fill in the sinking clay the winter weather will help with sorting out compacting and levelling the soil. And I am thinking of laying the track on breeze blocks.
I used thermalite blocks to lay my track on, you can cut them with a hand saw so makes it much easier to shape for corners. And just screwed the track straight into them no need to use wall plugs.

FrenchChuffed

FrenchChuffed

Registered
27 Mar 2016
Droitwich Spa
Yes i am looking for some smoth thermolite blocks, i looked in B&Q they wern't smoth and they were £1.60 each so further research is needed i think.

Adam1989

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Yes i am looking for some smoth thermolite blocks, i looked in B&Q they wern't smoth and they were £1.60 each so further research is needed i think.
No my ones were not Smooth but they are sunk in the group so they can not be seen. I got them delivered by Travis Perkins.

Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Just got caught up on this one. Awesome work. Looks amazing... Following along...

stockers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Thermalite/Celcon, call them what you want, are in short supply. They are made using ash from power stations and this is getting harder to find as coal is phased out. Grab what you can.

JimmyB

JimmyB

Learning; but slowly!
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
They don't come smooth, the finish helps bonding, however if you wish to smooth them off its quite simple to hand work.

Gizzy

Gizzy

Railways, Aviation, Caravanning....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Thermalite/Celcon, call them what you want, are in short supply. They are made using ash from power stations and this is getting harder to find as coal is phased out. Grab what you can.
So that's why ash is being imported from the Netherlands into Shoreham.... :wondering: