Source for waterslide transfers?

WilsonBo

Registered
24 May 2022
Kent, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
I want to apply fictional lettering to the side of my wagons but have not identified a source of individual letter/symbol transfers so I can make up what I want. Can anybody point me towards a source, preferably in the UK.
I have also thought about printing my own, but since the railway is outside I suspect there may be problems, but once again has anybody any experience of using these?
Modelling freestyle UK at 16mm scale on 45mm track.
Many thanks
Wilson

Monifieth Stuart

Registered
21 Jan 2021
Monifieth, Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
I want to apply fictional lettering to the side of my wagons but have not identified a source of individual letter/symbol transfers so I can make up what I want. Can anybody point me towards a source, preferably in the UK.
I have also thought about printing my own, but since the railway is outside I suspect there may be problems, but once again has anybody any experience of using these?
Modelling freestyle UK at 16mm scale on 45mm track.
Many thanks
Wilson
I have been down this route recently. There are American letters, numbers etc via Ebay They are quite cheap for postage because they are so light in weight. They even have a wide range of different American wagons, tippers etc that you can select from if (like me0 it does not need to be 100% accurate. I have used these and they went on fine. I also purchased a pack of printable sheets which I am experimenting with just now but I am hopeful that a coat of two of varnish spray will seal them for outside use. The US transfers do show up as a transfer - you can see the clear background- but I hope a sealer spray will disguise that too.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
There are a number of avenues open to you -

Bespoke from Endon Valley, generic too. Dickies freelance range from IP Engineering. Fox's for lettering and lining, Those are the waterslide options, there are others. BECC for vinyl letters, numbers and lining and the good old stationary shops (or 4D) for different sizes and typestyles of dry print. Hope this helps, all UK based. Google names and websites should show up. Max

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
There's also a guy - the Decal Man - I've used him. Good, very good, but can be slow.

DSCF2370.JPG

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

WilsonBo

Registered
24 May 2022
Kent, UK
Best answers
Country flag
There are a number of avenues open to you -

Bespoke from Endon Valley, generic too. Dickies freelance range from IP Engineering. Fox's for lettering and lining, Those are the waterslide options, there are others. BECC for vinyl letters, numbers and lining and the good old stationary shops (or 4D) for different sizes and typestyles of dry print. Hope this helps, all UK based. Google names and websites should show up. Max
Thanks Max