Small LGB or similar diesel

P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Been looking for a small reasonably priced diesel for a couple of weeks, before I give up, anyone on here got one they want to dispose of. I realise “reasonably priced” is highly subjective, but am willing to be amazed.:D:D:D

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
European or US? Narrow gauge, standard gauge or feldbahn?

P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
European or US? Narrow gauge, standard gauge or feldbahn?
Doesn’t really matter, I have looked at the Schoema diesel, the USA trains 20 tonner (mighty moe), so I guess they are narrow gauge and standard. The feldbahn ones are fine as well, I would prefer one with skates as I am running analogue dc.

funandtrains

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
I have Piko US trainset diesel which I've only ran once if that is of any interest.

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
I have a nice condition orange LGB Schoema diesel, analogue, if that might interest you? Was going to get around to chipping it for DCC one day, but it's a long way down my "to do" list and I'd be happy to move it on if you're interested?

Drop me a PM (or "conversation" as they are called these days).... happy to take some pics of it if you'd like to see it....

Jon.

dutchelm

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
I have been asked to help with the disposal of a friends LGB. One of the items is 22620 diesel shunter. I cannot say anymore about it at the moment as I am awaiting delivery. If it is of interest let me know.

P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
I have Piko US trainset diesel which I've only ran once if that is of any interest.
Could well be, do you have a picture and a price in mind?

Reactions: 1 user
P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
I have been asked to help with the disposal of a friends LGB. One of the items is 22620 diesel shunter. I cannot say anymore about it at the moment as I am awaiting delivery. If it is of interest let me know.
Looks lovely, probably out of my price range though?

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Just replied to your message with some photos, Pete, let me know what you think?
Jon.

SevenOfDiamonds

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Been looking for a small reasonably priced diesel for a couple of weeks
I can offer a 'very clean and tidy' LGB Schoema 20601 (black underframe, orange bodywork, yellow handrails) for £100 plus postage. It's a 3-pin motorblock, so ideal for operation on an analogue layout.

Send me a message if you want photos.

All the best

David

PS In fact I have two. You didn't want two matching ones, did you?

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Would 200 € + postage make sense? This is a brand new, never ran except for test 20 year old diesel shunter LGB 21900 in original box. But I don't know if it is 1600100195719.jpeg narrow of standard gauge.

1600100195719.jpeg

P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
Thanks everyone for your offers, have just concluded a deal for a diesel, didn’t think there were that many around!

P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
That's 'cos we got 'em all! :devil::devil::devil:

Glad you are sorted.. :):clap::clap:

PhilP.
Yes Phil, my plan to have only one engine is going extremely well (not),

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Ah!
But you haven't got "that one"! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Yes Phil, my plan to have only one engine is going extremely well (not),

When I started collecting LGB for the first time in the 1980s, I had just two locos - a U class 2-6-2 and an orange D10 KoF.... when I started collecting a second time, in the early Noughties, I again though I would never need more than half a dozen at most.
Well, I lost count when I reached fifty-plus (locos, not years - well past that!), which is why I'm now trying to thin the stable out just a little..... :D

After tonight, I have one fewer, but then I did buy a new one last week so I guess it's even! ;)

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user
P

Portsladepete

Registered
2 Jun 2020
England
When I started collecting LGB for the first time in the 1980s, I had just two locos - a U class 2-6-2 and an orange D10 KoF.... when I started collecting a second time, in the early Noughties, I again though I would never need more than half a dozen at most.
Well, I lost count when I reached fifty-plus (locos, not years - well past that!), which is why I'm now trying to thin the stable out just a little..... :D

After tonight, I have one fewer, but then I did buy a new one last week so I guess it's even! ;)

Jon.
So my behaviour regarding locomotives is totally logical, understandable, reasonable etc? This could be useful evidence in any divorce case:nod:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
So my behaviour regarding locomotives is totally logical, understandable, reasonable etc? This could be useful evidence in any divorce case:nod:
Totally. Utterly normal. Tell her that you could have a REALLY expensive hobby, like booze, cars or fast wimmin, that'll help. :angel:

It helps if the Missus has a hobby too - mine does 1/12 dollshouses, so we both "get" what the other is into and neither can really grumble at the other's purchases!

Remember, however, that shoe and handbag shopping do not qualify as "hobbies", whatever they try to tell you.... :devil:

Jon.