Sixteen Mills Van

Gareth

Railways,Transport, Wildlife ,History
28 Oct 2009
N West Wales
Best answers
Country flag
I have been toying for a while now about building a new Lazer wood cut kit . One of the firms I had been looking at was with Sixteen mills kits or I.P engineering ! Now Dave Mills is an old mate and I had seen his work and also new his manufacturer who was also a good mate . Well my other half pushed the matter as for my Birthday hey presto a sixteen mills kit !!! What a kit after studying one evening I decided to build the frame if nothing else .
I ended up building the whole kit !!! What a kit . I assembled the frames first superb fitting so good I forgot to glue it !! It just slotted together with ease ! I changed the wheels as I felt the wheels with the kit were a bit small and would bounce through frogs on LGB Pointwork . Also I felt it looked better and by putting bigger wheels on it made putting LGB couplings on easier!! So I will get another one and his unusual open wagons and a brake van . VerdictDSCF6393.JPG t !!! An excellent DSCF6398.JPG kit !! 9 out of 10 brilliant find enclosed photos of van varnished !!! Hope you enjoy !! here is website www.sixteenmills.co.uk

Reactions: 8 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Nice looking kits, and good prices. How did you fix the roof? I always struggle with roofs!

Chris Vernell

Tortoise
24 Oct 2009
Nepean, ON
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Nice looking kits, and good prices. How did you fix the roof? I always struggle with roofs!
Stick to open wagons ;)

... but seriously, a couple of those kits tempt me ...

musket the dog

Registered
31 Oct 2009
Leicester
nlrr.webs.com
Best answers
I built a couple of their open wagons last year, I was really pleased with them. As Gareth already mentioned they go together really easily. I kept the original wheels and had to do some cutting to get the LGB couplings to fit. Will definately be picking up a few more when I've cleared some more projects I've got on the back log.

180607 (1).jpg 180607 (2).jpg 180607 (3).jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Fred Mills

Registered
27 Mar 2017
Ottawa/Nepean, Ontario Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Seriously; could you really squeeze 16 "Mills" into that van, and still have room for refreshments...?...!!!

Fred Mills

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Seriously; could you really squeeze 16 "Mills" into that van, and still have room for refreshments...?...!!!

Fred Mills

Be careful what you ask for Fr Fred! :eek::eek:;)