Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I have 7 new shop buildings, all with shop windows.
I need suitable pictures/inserts, or similar, to place in the windows to give each shop a distinct look.
Can anyone point me to a suitable source please?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Try using photographs or pictures from magazines

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Mike

That sounds a little bit like a 'how long is a piece of string' question. I see you are in California, there are so many questions to be answered. What country is your railway set in, if the US, what part of the country. I imaging shop fronts in California are different to those in Colorado or Maine. What era, old time shop fronts or modern glass and steel. Time of year, for example, shop fronts will look very different on the run up to Christmas. Are your shops part of a big city or a small rural community. Good luck with your search and remember the Golden Rule on this Forum, we like photographs.

David

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I suppose it depends on what era you want depict with your buildings and where they are going to be (inside or outside). For my trailer layout I either created my own artwork (when microsoft used to be user ( to me) friendly). The pictures were inkjet printed and then laminated. My photographic skills are mediocre I'm afraid, but here are some pics ....

Hens (10).JPG

DSCF2278.JPGTrailer (42).JPG

But you get idea as Paul M suggests.

Edit; It seems that David was posting at the same time as me!

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
You can achieve a good effect by placing your printed interior in 'layers' and finding content with some perspective. Method as above: patient internet searching (e.g. "shop interior stock photo"), downloading then simple graphics editing and laminating.
StreetApr14002Small.JPGStreetApr14005Small.JPG

Last edited:

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I went to google and put in "pictures of shop windows" and got a lifetime's worth.
Yep, patience is the key - something to do in the commercial breaks while watching the TV, perhaps. For the shop above, I had specific content in mind and so was able to be more specific - "1960s radios" for example, but it did still take a while to find enough to justify laminating a whole sheet of paper!

Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Great suggestion, lots of things I can down load, rescale, print onto clear vinyl and then fix.
Thanks to everyone for your input, I would be lost without our forums.
Mike.