SHLR points and Loco testing

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Quick(ish) video I shot today of the RC City Action diesel and my now fully RC converted 4051 steam loco. Mainly loco testing as I re-quartered the wheels on the 4051 for potential valve gear improvements and to test the first pair of points i've (finally) acquired. Enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Quick(ish) video I shot today of the RC City Action diesel and my now fully RC converted 4051 steam loco. Mainly loco testing as I re-quartered the wheels on the 4051 for potential valve gear improvements and to test the first pair of points i've (finally) acquired. Enjoy.

Excellent landscaping :clap::clap::clap:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
:eek: Rich, your house has been bugged! - There are wires taped to the underside of the table!! :eek:
:lipssealed::tmi::tmi::lipssealed:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent landscaping :clap::clap::clap:

It took me years to get the garden looking like the living room :D

:eek: Rich, your house has been bugged! - There are wires taped to the underside of the table!! :eek:
:lipssealed::tmi::tmi::lipssealed:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If there is anyone listening into the conversations that happen in there, they are welcome to listen in. Usually me just shouting at the telly.
It's all the wiring for my coffee table. It has a small N Gauge layout in it, as you do..

cd2f43069ebe.jpg

41a4b92f9d05.jpg

But enough of that.. it's FAR too small :D

Reactions: 2 users

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
:clap::clap::clap:

I guessed as much..

Just wanted a 'nosey'..

:)

PhilP

5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Anyway n gauge is 'tight'. not too small (for RC)...

It is the bl**dy batteries, that are a nightmare!! :eek::banghead::banghead::nod::nod:

Reactions: 1 user

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Anyway n gauge is 'tight'. not too small (for RC)...

It is the bl**dy batteries, that are a nightmare!! :eek::banghead::banghead::nod::nod:

Yea, I know of someone running some 009 on RC gear, but N would be interesting. I don't really have the hands for the electronics that small, fitting decent LED headlights to the Minitrix diesel loco was hard enough. The outcome was worth it though, they are actually bright enough to illuminate in front of the engine when running, it looks great in the dark, lots of illuminated things.

Edit: I forgot I also added coach lights and a tail lamp. The LED for the tail lamp was smaller than a pin head. Needless to say I won't be doing that again in a hurry. :sweating:

da11aa2e8b5f.jpg

Reactions: 1 users