Searching, searching

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
Some time ago one of the posters here put up a picture of a rather attractive "Mittleuropaischer' interurban car, made from the heroic bashing of some lgb starter cars. I asked the poster for details of the bash. He was kind enough to post a bigger picture and a 'recipe'.

I have been haunting fleabay and I think I have enough victims to start the bash.

Unfortunately my pc blew up recently and I lost all my stored files. Now on a new 'puter (an Apple!) I am keen to make a start, but I can't find the original postings in here. Can anyone show me the file, or can the original poster do a reposting please?

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I can't find the original postings in here. Can anyone show me the file, or can the original poster do a reposting please?

Is post 352 on page 19 of the thread "Trams: Is There Much Tramway Interest On Here?" what you are looking for?

Best Wishes

David

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
That's it ! thanks for pointing me there.

The lgb feedstock for this bash are arriving in dribs and drabs this week. So this project can go into the 'To Do" box..... along with the lgb bash to make an early Vicinal set, the Bachmann bash to make a sister for a Cruden Bay car, the Faller bash to make a modern railcar, the Occre Soller car.......I'm going to have to live to 150 to get to the bottom of the 'To Do' box.....

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
That's it ! thanks for pointing me there.

The lgb feedstock for this bash are arriving in dribs and drabs this week. So this project can go into the 'To Do" box..... along with the lgb bash to make an early Vicinal set, the Bachmann bash to make a sister for a Cruden Bay car, the Faller bash to make a modern railcar, the Occre Soller car.......I'm going to have to live to 150 to get to the bottom of the 'To Do' box.....
This is on the bench at the moment, waiting for some Model Strip to take off the Tar Brush applied Green to this Vicinal Stream Tram purchase from Ebay.
2DF4EA5C-1C62-43C7-8FBF-24134FD1C3D2.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
That's a rather nice stoomtram, should scrub up nicely Dunnyrail.

My Vicinal set is 'early electric' - I am what my US friends call a "juice Jock" rather than an old steamer. I will post a picture of the bash in a week or so - before I try not to b*gg*r it up with the paint job.

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
That's a rather nice stoomtram, should scrub up nicely Dunnyrail.

My Vicinal set is 'early electric' - I am what my US friends call a "juice Jock" rather than an old steamer. I will post a picture of the bash in a week or so - before I try not to b*gg*r it up with the paint job.
I hope so but as one looks closer it is a litle crude, somewhat Narrow and a little too Long to my LGB Elastic Eye! I may still build a completly new one, having done a Brass one in TTn9 (TT Scale running on 9 mm Gauge Track to represent Metre Gauge Vicinal).

tramwayknowledge

Tramway Modelling
22 Oct 2011
Fife
Best answers
Country flag
TTn9....wow, very impressive! I have been collecting bits n bobs for an OO9 Volk Electric style minimum space toy for the Winter months, but I fear I am getting to fumble-fingered for the mouse-scales now....

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
TTn9....wow, very impressive! I have been collecting bits n bobs for an OO9 Volk Electric style minimum space toy for the Winter months, but I fear I am getting to fumble-fingered for the mouse-scales now....
Me too, though I am messing about with Kato Unitram but do not intend to be very ‘Buildy’ in that size. The Belgium Tram Layout was sold on with all the stock. Via EBay to a guy in Southport. I delivered it from Hemel Hempstead on a day out by Train. Here is a short Vid of the Tram Unpainted on its Layout, not to my usual Slow Speed Running I am ashamed to say. But that was one of the main reasons that I deserted that scale, slow speed running and shunting was pretty tricky at that size.

Reactions: 1 users