Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
Apologies misfired the post
This the previously posted picture is my Aristo 2-4-2ST
It is pretty close to an actual loco exported to Cuba for Sugar Mill work
I believe the chassis existed until about 2000 as a local conversion to diesel power

Reactions: 1 user

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_5462.JPG P
Apologies misfired the post
This the previously posted picture is my Aristo 2-4-2ST
It is pretty close to an actual loco exported to Cuba for Sugar Mill work
I believe the chassis existed until about 2000 as a local conversion to diesel power
This is the real thing
Built 1914IMG_5462.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
The Rogers came in two types, one with slope back tender and one with no tender. The tender one has a cab roof that hangs back further. Jack44's one is an early model without tender which I think was under the REA brand name. It has chrome plated wheels but later ones from Aristocraft had blackened wheels which I think tend to crud up more. The drives are interesting because each axle has it's own motor and gearbox therefore a good source for making frames with different axle spacing.

I'm not sure where they carried the wood or coal, I suspect it would be in a rear bunker. Some were used in short shuttle railways running in reverse therefore didn't need a a large fuel load.
Yep, mine's in an REA box :nod::nod: and similarly does not have the extended roof :shake::shake:

Paradise

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Back Yard
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I have a REA with tender and extended roof with chrome wheels and a couple of Aristocraft ones the same but with blackened wheels stashed away. Seems like both types came in a REA box.
The tenders are way short, the trucks almost against each other. The REA feels more toy like and has trashy 'gold' parts. The plastic is shinier and less dense than the Aristocraft ones which look better and feel better to pick up. I'm pretty sure the REA ones with chrome wheels will stay clean longer though.

Reactions: 1 users

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
I got mine S/H in 2009 - my son made a 350 mile round trip to bring it to me whilst I was in hospital. I used it say goodbye to G Scale Mad!

Gscalemad Farewell 1 (7).JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Hutch

G Gauge, Raising Peaches, Apricots
1 Feb 2012
Southwest Oklahoma, USA
Best answers
Both cab types, one with a Delton tender and the other an REA tender. Repaint in the future, maybe.
My daughter bought the yellow one for me from a hobby shop that was closing. Sentimental value.
View media item 2899

Reactions: 1 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. They look great. I like the yellow..

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I remember those rogers.
Always thought they , and the rea sierra coaches wre perfect for early overhead urban rail lines. To me, they look very US standard gauge, which is why i didn't buy.

Had no idea they ran so well.
The c 19 rea made was a disaster, and put me off all but the track, back in the early times...

Lovely repaint.

Wonder where on earth the molds are located?

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Hopefully they aren't destroyed

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Yes mine came in this same box but doesn't match the picture.
I think the repaint looks very good, run it for a little bit and then dirty it up a little, I used parts of it on my logging engine, front pilot, and part of saddle tank on "Rosy", great looking engine. Tender, don't think it should have one, if so something on a single truck for fuel, engine already has water in saddle tank. Probably go for a rear coal bunker because of the straight stack. Not sure if factory engine had pickups on front/rear pilots or not but if not add them for better pick ups. Sharp looking engine, Bill