Rob

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Liverpool
www.flickr.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hello!

Last year I bought a Bachmann Lyn. Unfortunately the only one I could find at the time (at a decent price!) was one of the American versions with the balloon stack etc. I quite enjoy tinkering and personalising my locos so it wasn’t a huge problem, but I needed a few bits from a British Lyn, in particular a funnel....

I bid on a box of spare parts on eBay, and won for the princely sum of £15.

A huge box arrived a couple of days later and I retrieved the funnel and two cow catchers, but didn’t really pay the rest any notice.

A few days ago I was sorting some stuff out whilst I can’t run the railway due to having builders in, and found said box of bits.

To my surprise the box contained enough parts to make up a whole Loco with an extra cab, motor block and front running plate, it just needs putting back together, some tarting up and fitting with a battery and RC gear.

The main thing I need to complete it is a funnel..... :giggle:

However, can anybody advise on the correct size for replacement screws to attach the connecting rods to the wheels? I only have three out of four, and I'm aware of how brittle they can become so would prefer to replace entirely! Cheers!

The Jalopy;

yW9mhgl.jpg

And the other, better one....

BNDFhjS.jpg

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have no idea about the screw sizes - BUT ........ a Lyn for £15!! How come I miss those sorts of bargains?! :cry:

Rik

PS Not that I am at all envious .......:envy:

Rob

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Liverpool
www.flickr.com
Best answers
Country flag
I have no idea about the screw sizes - BUT ........ a Lyn for £15!! How come I miss those sorts of bargains?! :cry:

Rik

PS Not that I am at all envious .......:envy:

I know! I normally miss out on these things too. I think the guy genuinely didn’t realise how much was in there!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I'm not jealous either! I'm still looking for a replacement motor for mine:mad:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
There are two motors in the box of bits I have, but I think one I should dead. If I can get it going I'll let you know......
That'll be great:)