Registered
27 Nov 2021
Indiana
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out if there a Kadee that's a straight swap for the chopper couplings?
Been considering purchasing some Accucraft 1:19 UK stock and would like them to be compatible with my Bachmann Thomas stock ( which I'm fitting with gauge 1 Kadees).
Looked at Kadee's Accucraft conversion chart but it give no indication whether anything on it applies to replacing chopper couplings.

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I think there is also an issue with the height of the couplings on the Bachmann Thomas range.

That said, with Kadees you should be able to overcome it, but I can't help with the UK Accy stock - never used them.

brtrainz

Registered
27 Nov 2021
Indiana
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of that.
I've already fitted a couple Bachmann Thomas wagons with 1907 centerset couplings which sit a bit low, but not low enough to concern me for indoor running with the pins bent up a bit (a medium offset is too high).
Could use the supplied lowering blocks and 1909 couplings for perfect height, but would rather not use large offset couplings on a wagon that doesn't need them, as the offset is kind of ugly to me.