Roundhouse Leek & Manifold 2-6-4

MRail

16mm etc - Live steam, battery & trams
26 Oct 2009
Merseyside, U.K.
youtube.com.user.MadogMersey
Best answers
Country flag
Yesterday, around eighteen months after purchase but only it's third steaming I failed to get the pressure gauge to read more than 30psi.
My current thought is to replace both S/V and P/G, I'm not in the mood to trust either. Unfortunately it won't be under warrantee.

If you sent in your original registration card, Roundhouse extend their warranty to two years.
I do have experience of this!

Reactions: 1 user

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Rob. I might give that a try.

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Well it just goes to show, if you wait long enough things do eventually happen.

I guess I just got a bit carried away with my success with the rest of the railway this week. At last I got round to having a go at the rear coupling, not that I've had time to test it under power yet, but by the looks it should have more than enough swing. It could perhaps do with some spring centring.

DSCN6895 (600 x 450).jpg

It is a fairly close copy of the original but with a crank to take the bolt holding the outer part of the Accu coupling (base box removed to save length).

DSCN6897 (600 x 450).jpg

Perhaps not the prettiest you've seen, but I might address that after a full test.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
That back end is going to swing out quite a bit :think::think:

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry about the light. Taken about 1/2 hour apart, it makes such a difference on that side of the garden.

Short wheel base goods stock.

DSCN6899 (600 x 450).jpg

Bogie stock.

DSCN6900 (600 x 450).jpg

That shows plenty of clearance on a 3ft rad bend probably all right down to 2' 6" , but might be tight on 2ft.

I rests me case!

Would like to see if I can centre spring it now.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Apart from 'Lilla' that is the one Roundhouse loco that really covet - especially one lined out like yours.

I missed out on one of the rare Pearse-built models at Bressingham last year, which was a blessing in disguise, as it turned out to be 32mm gauge and non-regaugable.....without major work, that is, involving the frames as well as the axles, cylinder spacing and so on..........

tac
OVGRS
POCRR - Eastern Sub

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
DSCN6925 (600 x 450).jpg

First full running test of the new coupling and it works exceedingly well, except that it would be nice to have it lightly centre sprung (as thought). Glad I eventually sorted that out. :punch:

Reactions: 1 users

daveyb

badger tickling, sheep worrying
25 Oct 2009
nr st andews scotch land
Best answers
Country flag
these are really nice locos and run so well,,,,,