Regner Stainz running at the steam up last weekend

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here is a short video of my Regner Stainz running on our steam group's portable layout at the NMRA train show in Noblesville, Indiana last Sunday. Finally getting run in and able to run smooth at slower speeds with out stalling or being a big jerky. He was quite stiff when I got him, had an issue with flue gasses drafing under the frame back into the cab and putting the burner out. That issue has been sorted out now. Pulls the prototype load of three coaches now. Several runs on my rolling road were done before any track time. I did have to adjust the valve timing a bit after this steam up, which gained even smoother running than at this event. From my research, having to adjust the valve gear on this model is common during the running in process. No simple valve gear here, proper Allan straight link motion just as on the prototype.

Reactions: 2 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Sweet!

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here is a new video of Stainz running slower yet smooth at this last Saturday's steam up. Getting better with each run. Engine is for sale/trade as I am moving into Gauge One trains and away from narrow gauge.

Reactions: 1 users