Reed Switch Wiring With P8 and Revolution Rx Board

kajohnson9

Registered
24 Apr 2020
Uath
Best answers
Country flag
I have a Bachmann 10-wheeler with an older Revolution Rx board (before sound on board was available). It is connected to a Phoenix P8 sound board. On the P8 board, pins C2-1 and C2-3 are for the whistle (as I understand it), and they are connected to the Revolution Rx board. I want to add a reed switch so I can blow the whistle with a track magnet. I am not strong on wiring these things so I have to ask the question.
Do I just connect the reed switch wires to the same C2-1 and C2-3 wires? Is it that simple? I still want to maintain the option of blowing the whistle using the Revolution Tx.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Keith

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
The first question I would ask is do you have the manual for each and double check your assumptions?

Putting a reed switch in parallel with the triggering mechanism from the Revolution should work.

Greg

kajohnson9

Registered
24 Apr 2020
Uath
Best answers
Country flag
Greg, Thanks for the input. I do have the manuals for both the Revo Rx and the P8, but neither one addresses this issue. I was hoping maybe someone has already done this. My next step is to just try it.
Thanks, Keith

kajohnson9

Registered
24 Apr 2020
Uath
Best answers
Country flag
So I guess bit the bullet. I tied the wires from the reed switch to C2-1 and C2-3. I still have the whistle from the Revolution transmitter and I have the whistle from the reed switch. Not sure what I was concerned about but everything is working as I wanted it to.
Thanks
Keith