Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Hello All

Having a spot of bother trying to change the factory default address for my LGB 55025 and 55024 switch decoders. I normally use a Sprog for loco decoder programming but this apparently doesn't generate enough voltage to programme switch decoders (11.5 volts output by sprog, 14 volts needed to programme switch decoders reliably it says in my Sprog book). I'm therefore trying to use my Navigator to change the decoder addresses.

I checked the decoders before I started messing about and both work OK; I've connected them up to the programming track and a point motor and they both work the motor fine on address 1.

I tried to reprogramme the 55025 first, so I bridged the two programming terminals and followed the instructions in the Navigator manual, but when I told it to enter the new address into CV1 it paused for a couple of secs and then an "X" appeared by the value I'd tried to programme in (5). I also tried register programming, setting CV6 to 1 and then CV5 to 5 but I got the same pause and "X" sequence.

Exactly the same thing happened when I tried the 55024.

Hopefully the above is clear - I can try and take a picture of the Navigator screen to show the "X" if that helps.

Navigator firmware is 1.81 and even after my messing about the decoders still both work the point motor ok on address 1.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone else encountered the mysterious "X"?

Thanks in advance

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
They say "there's no fool like an old fool" and I guess that's right as it's my birthday soon and I'm feeling pretty foolish at the moment :(:(:(

I have two plugs for my Massoth 1200z, one for running and one for programming (to make sure I get the connections correct) and yep, you've guessed it, I hadn't swapped them over so my programming track was wired up for running, not programming....

As with all these things I had the "euraka" moment at about 3 am this morning, and having connected things up correctly I have now programmed my switch decoders as I want them (and very easy it was using the Navigator).

So have a good chuckle on me to start the week off!

Best wishes

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I don't recall doing anything similar (well not that often anyway)....glad you discovered the issue.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
no chuckling, been there..this muppet tryeid to program wirelessly