dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Following on from the Post on building a Class A Climax, I thought that this beast would be of interest to some of you out there. It is work in progress, in fact it has never been out of the box since I moved in 2000. So I am not sure what to do with it.

The power units are two "Stomper" Chassis wired into the switches. Two that you can see, the big one in the cab for Forward/Reverse the Green one in the coal bin is an On/Off Push button that latches. Most of the construction has been Wooid and Plasticard with Plumbing Plastic Pipe for the Boiler, ciut down the middle to do the different steps. The Chimney is a piece of Plumbing Pipe, not put on completely strait.

It does run OK, but will never be a great winner in the haulage stakes.
cc339063b66b4494b80fbaac9cbfef8d.jpg

19c49cc6db994a678d899e0128351ac1.jpg

85d185bf7a1649aebd64c559d23f1f14.jpg

d01d9e875e584822b0fd34be74394a07.jpg

9cb6d95e5c8344e9a87e8574bfbc81fe.jpg

For those of you who do not know what a Price D is, they were used on Logging Lines in New Zeeland.
JonD

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Stomper bashes.....ah, the happy days of garden railways in the 1980s....

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looks pretty good to me - although I would get a plumb line and refix the chimney (or lay off the falling down water!). The original looks almost toy-like at least your's looks business-like!

Mick

Shawn

Hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
That is very cool. It has a lot of possibilties. I guess you can consider that a class A since there was so many different looks to the class A. You can add sides to the trucks or like Mik said throw an aristo center cab block and it will run great. Put a sand dome on and other smaller details. Send it my way I can have a lot of fun with that. Thanks for showing this I have never seen those before. Love it.

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Upgrading to the Aristos is a good idea, nice bash, I'm also a fan of the Price Loggers
Price%20painted%20front.jpg

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I doubt that I will get back to it as it is well out of my current interest. Was started just after I got back from NZ with a nice set of pics of Price Locomotives. And yes it was in the fun of trying to do something worthwhile with Stompers. I also did a few Rail-cars too that have been sold on. Plus I had a fair few chassis left which I sold on Ebay some time ago to get practice in on cheep easy to deal with items.

I am not sure that I would want to do anything with other chassis, though it would probably make it a "really useful engine". However if I do play with it I will do something about that Chimney.

Thanks for the pic of the Price 16 wheeler. Never thought that I would see a model of one of them. Quite a beast in G Scale. Wonder what it can pull. Can we have a video link at some stage pretty please?

JonD

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
vsmith said:
I need to find a home so if you know anyone interested, drop me a PM

Hay Mista! Ah'll giv ya ah dollah fo et! X(

Nah, I'd just want if for the bricks... and it's really too nice to part out

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
vsmith said:
Funny you should ask for video! I took these earlier this year at the Pomona Fairplex at the SWGRS last June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flgpm18McT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9liNj585DQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ta1tFR235Q&feature=related

Sad thing is this wont run on my indoor layout, its too tall and too wide. I need to find a home so if you know anyone interested, drop me a PM

Nice vids, would have been nice to see it come through the two xovers on the last one! I reckon if ever I do more on mine, I will need to add sound.
JonD