DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
While looking at photos of trams in Sintra I came across this photo of a tram with a wagon attached.
I have been searching for more information about the wagon without success.

I don't suppose anyone here has any useful information that would help me establish some dimensions of this wagon to help me build a model, thanks?

Attachments

• 20221008_223636.jpg
    20221008_223636.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like a standard wagon used for permanent way purposes

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure if you have looked at You Tube, there are quite a few vids of the line that may be worth a trawl through to see if there are any other views of the wagon.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure if you have looked at You Tube, there are quite a few vids of the line that may be worth a trawl through to see if there are any other views of the wagon.
I wonder how many domestic argument start because someone is trying to do a wee bit of research viewing you tube :giggle:

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like a standard wagon used for permanent way purposes
From what I can gather it did get used for P Way works, but its original use was far better, it carried barrels of wine, amongst other things, they basically became a general use wagon.

Last edited:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
While looking at photos of trams in Sintra I came across this photo of a tram with a wagon attached.
I have been searching for more information about the wagon without success.

I don't suppose anyone here has any useful information that would help me establish some dimensions of this wagon to help me build a model, thanks?
Not being a G Scale railway modeller, I wondered if anyone could suggest a wagon that might look in appearance and size to the one in the photo, I'm happy to tweak things and reshape ends if something rtr lent it self to being adapted?
The Bachmann tram I'm adapting will be a representation of a Sintra tram rather than a accurate model.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
One of the old LGB ToyTrain line gondolas 94006 or 94306 might be a good starting point if you can find one cheap enough. The frame and wheelbase look like a pretty good match. If you can live with the brakemans platform (I think you call it a balcony) just a repaint and a bit of weathering would suffice.

DafyddElvy

10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
One of the old LGB ToyTrain line gondolas 94006 or 94306 might be a good starting point if you can find one cheap enough. The frame and wheelbase look like a pretty good match. If you can live with the brakemans platform (I think you call it a balcony) just a repaint and a bit of weathering would suffice.
Thanks, the flat wagon (car) would do, I could build a simple body on the chassis., thanks.

Now to find one at a reasonable price