pola bobbys garage with a New Mexico twist

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Canon Irista | Free Cloud Photo Storage

I have changed my photo cloud storage and this is my first attempt to figure out how to post from canon irista site
lets see if it works.

follow up
I just clicked on the above blue link and it works.'i have no idea how to find the url and post in the body of the thread.

This is my attempt at a Route 66 feel , a cross between gas station, tourist shop, and, US 1940s-1950s feel.
I mixed my own paints to get the turquoise, and, washed the entire building with yellow ochre to warm it up from the stark white plaster.
The windows and doors are that pale surf green that can be seen in the southwest of the past, and, rear and side windows (walls) are surrounded with blue paint, for good luck and protection. I had bought the bright skulls, thinking I would build some shotgun house with a voodoo fortune teller, ala New Orleans, (and other silly fun stuff, like lights, moss laden trees, and fogger) but that plan is on hold.

I believe you can scroll through the other photos I posted. One shows the garage double doors, in green, with vintage Harley Davidson, and, little Milagros (good luck and healing charms) I bought and painted. while a bit oversized, sometimes you do see these in the Indian/Mexican areas of New Mexico.

This is a fairly early iteration of the garage, the german version.

I actually tried to eliminate the POLA style windows and use real wood ala Santa Fe styles, but , it didn't work out.

Last edited:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, although I was looking forward to seeing your efforts with your garage, the 2 young ladies leaping appeared to dominate! Not too sure what I'm complaining about though!o_Oo_Oo_O

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I notice that you can start with 15Gb free .......................... :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Oooh sorry,
Had no intention of having anyone have to sign up.
Alas....

Ill give it more thought....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You may find (buried in your account settings) that you can make a small area 'public' access?

This is a *may* though..

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
As an experiment, please let me know if people can see this photo.

1080_ef5406ae-db32-4b4e-a74b-7107dfc3d748.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
LNER 8477 - yes

OK, so I signed up for a free 15GB, uploaded a random photo and linked to it so it seems it could be possible for stevedenver to use. I could not find anything in settings to make areas public so I guess it's down to how you link to it.

Paul

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
The second picture is at "cloudfront.net", the first invisible picture is at www.irista.com...

So how did you "link" to it without a different online account or storage?

Greg

Reactions: 1 user

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
The second picture is at "cloudfront.net", the first invisible picture is at www.irista.com...

So how did you "link" to it without a different online account or storage?

Greg

Got the picture up at irista.
Right click on the image and from the drop down menu chose "Copy Image location'
Start a message here and when you want to place the picture click on the rectangle with mountain box and then the two linked chains icon to do it by URL.
Right click again and choose paste and it's done.

Sounds like a lot of trouble but once you get used to using all the options under right click it takes just a few seconds.

Paul

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting, so their cloud storage for pictures is a completely different domain name... thanks for the tip, hopefully Steve can duplicate it and we can finally see the picture.

Thanks, Greg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Oh Wow!
(where can I get a Harley like that?) :think::)