pola bobbys garage with a New Mexico twist

stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
been hiking so gone for the past days...
yup real charms, painted by me

those skulls look too bright, they didn't have those pigments in the 40-50s. Ill need to dull them down with a lot of artist chalk , I think. they look very contemporary.

I followed the destructions to link, but my drop down didn't have the "copy image location" url option

So, while I am uncertain as to how I got these posted, (I think I copied these photo files on my computer, and then directly uploaded to the thread, clicking the drop image box and pasting, then a ghost image appeared, and then.....it materialized....LOL...dumb luck, twice.

the Harley is one of those motorcycle toys that came on a carboard bubble pack. I think its like a 1910??, likely to find one on ebay, I am fairly certain its 1:18..
( I actually have a photo of that very type Harley at the Chama water tower in....about 1910)

maisto also made a black one in 1:24, which doesn't look right at all. There are a series, some others that are lovely like a 1936 and a 1948 that look apropos. the 48 is black, the 36 a lovely gloss army green with red pin striping.

Last edited:
PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Being more than partial to all things English, and gas powered, (and my collection of 7 older Raleigh three speeds, and one old dear of an e type-all of which I still have) as a college kid, I had a snortin Norton 850 Commando, green.

I had it 6 months. decided to sell it, as I was certain I would kill myself. I was, fearless, wreckless, helmetless......riding virtually untrafficked mountain highways.......

oh, but what a wonderful 6 months, oh what a sound and feel.

It took everything I had to right that bike if it tipped over when parked. 500 lbs. me, 160.....

Haven't had a bike or rode one since. I was certain id end up "in the eye of the hurricane"..................

Z

zman50

Registered
22 Feb 2019
Wisconsin
Looks cool, really like that bike, do you know if you can still buy that?

stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
im certain that if you search maisto 1:18 Harley Davidson, youll find someone willing to supply you for a price..