Playmobil bashing - Brakevan build

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
More work done on the brake van today. This is going to look lovely with a rake of colour matched PM flats and the windcutter style wagons.

Interior. I have a few more items to paint and add but there isn't much more to do. Need to glaze the windows.

IMG_3073.jpg

You can see the 'orrible bit where I had to repair the body here.

IMG_3072.jpgIMG_3071.jpg

Only found the soddin' chimney for the stove. The wagon has a BV (boiling vessel) but I couldn't really work it out as it was on a stand. Well, I was wrong, the BV is meant to loosely clip on the wooden unit I didn't refit (as I don't need a bed in my brakevan) and you can put in on the stove, but someone had rammed the chimney into the bottom of it and because it's all the same plastic, I just thought that was how it was. Only realised looking at a few photos of the wagon when complete. This is the end of the roof the SHLR workshops had to remove and replace, although they didn't have time to do that good a job as the van was required back in service pronto. I'm yet to paint the roof.

IMG_3070.jpg

Few general shots.

IMG_3069.jpgIMG_3068.jpgIMG_3067.jpgIMG_3066.jpg

Xav204

Registered
26 Jul 2017
Marseille FRANCE
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice, I like the choice of colors.
Bravo
I like the "SH" too.
May I ask how you did it, with a stencil , wagon in horizontal position ?
I have to find courage to do like you
Don't loose chimney ( it became prohibitively expensive )

Rich Skuse

Registered
10 Dec 2017
Bristol
Best answers
Country flag
Very nice, I like the choice of colors.
Bravo
I like the "SH" too.
May I ask how you did it, with a stencil , wagon in horizontal position ?
I have to find courage to do like you
Don't loose chimney ( it became prohibitively expensive )

I use low-tack stencil vinyl, cut to A4 sheet and then print the stencil on the backing paper in reverse so when it’s cut out and applied, it’s the correct way round. I hope that makes sense. I am glad to have found the chimney. I prefer to keep parts like that playmobil because it looks better. :)