dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Nice find. Complete steal, wish I needed some more Opens.
JonD

Mobi

Registered
21 Jul 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
It is still there. So just ordered one.

Panorama coach 6342 is available for £26. So ordered that one too.

Long live Playmobil >:). LGB stuff is just too pricey :rolleyes:

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Those opens have been discounted for a while. I bought a pair a few months ago after a similar posting, but after seeing this I have just bought two more.

I guess that they must be high stocks and end of line. This surely can't go on for much longer?

Many thanks for the posting!

James

James Day

Guano Corner Rly - Runs weekly - Guano permitting
6 May 2012
Warwickshire
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Walt,

Not sure what the full price of the coach should be, but at £26 it does not seem to be such a good baragin as the wagon!

I also have enough of both of them now!

All I really need to find is one final mustard yellow UPRR 'Wild West' type coach from the 3958 set, to make up my rake! I sadly don't think Playmobil Direct have ever had these!

James

beejay

Registered
19 Oct 2015
South Killingholme
Best answers
Those opens have been discounted for a while. I bought a pair a few months ago after a similar posting, but after seeing this I have just bought two more.

I guess that they must be high stocks and end of line. This surely can't go on for much longer?

Many thanks for the posting!

James
thanks just bought 3 and got another free definite bargain

Mobi

Registered
21 Jul 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The Panorama Express coach and wagon had arrived yesterday. I already had another 5264 before but excited about the Panorama Express coach. :)

It is larger than what I expected. Runs fine on track. All my other passenger coaches have open windows. So when coupled with those, this one looks luxurious compared to other carriages :rolleyes:

Also, I think Playmobil scale is bit larger than LGB's. Playmobil figures look too big in LGB rolling stock. Also, I find Playmobil couplers better quality than LGB's.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
...Also, I think Playmobil scale is bit larger than LGB's. Playmobil figures look too big in LGB rolling stock...
Depends which LGB scale you're talking about (famous rubber ruler). Playmobil figures are 75mm high which at 1:22.5 ("normal" LGB scale where model 45mm gauge = 1m narrow gauge) is about 1.70m or 5ft 6in which is below the average for an adult male in the Western world but doesn't look too out of place IMO. At 1:32 (where model 45mm gauge = 1.435 m standard gauge) 75mm becomes 2.4m or nearly 8ft which is way too large.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Playmobil is usually seen as 1:24.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Playmobil is usually seen as 1:24.

Oops, double post - internet very slow.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Yes that would make 75mm Playmobil figures 1.8m or 5ft 10in. I use Playmobil figures (clickies) with my LGB stuff and they look fine. Less so with PIKO G1 stuff. Kids (including certain 61 year old kids) don't mind either way!

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Useful topic, thanks.
It's hard to realise that it's nearly a year since granddaughter's birthday present was a Cargo train set. :eek: I've just ordered four of these to go with it. It just so happens that four increases the value of the order enough for free postage.;)

tallboy

Registered
1 May 2016
Chelmsford
Best answers
Just ordered a couple myself

Bryan Thatcher

Registered
21 Dec 2016
Raleigh, NC
Best answers
Unfortunately, I can order these to be delivered to the US, they aren't even on the US site. And they are 70$ on amazon. I was going to order 3. Is anyone interested in taking delivery for me, I'll order 4 and you can keep one.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, I can order these to be delivered to the US, they aren't even on the US site. And they are 70$ on amazon. I was going to order 3. Is anyone interested in taking delivery for me, I'll order 4 and you can keep one.

I can do that for you Bryan..

Do you want to order now, or wait until the dust settles in the New Year?

PhilP.

Bryan Thatcher

Registered
21 Dec 2016
Raleigh, NC
Best answers
No better time than the present, plus we may not survive over here much longer. I sent you a message with my email and address, send me yours and I'll place the order. Thank you!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
No better time than the present, plus we may not survive over here much longer. I sent you a message with my email and address, send me yours and I'll place the order. Thank you!

Email sent..