Playmobil 4035

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
The original sealed battery which came with this offers only short running time and, by now, any still around will probably be past its best From Direct Service you should be able to buy a new battery holder which takes four AA batteries and you can use this with either rechargeable or non-rechargeable batteries. The former are the better ones to use. The part number for the battery holder, certainly in Europe, is 7829. All you then need is a battery charger available from many sources.

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
This is better: http://playmobil.scene7.com/is/content/Playmobil/7829pdf.pdf It works with the 4035 train. The old charger you are seeking was made for the old nicad batteries which often don't hold much of a charge in their old age. I think the 7829 battery holder is still available from Playmobil UK and Playmobil Germany inexpensively.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
We're on the same wavelength, -bbbb.
I started replying before your reply was posted. You beat me to it. I have an old nicad battery and charger and I'm contemplating opening it up and replacing the cells. I wonder how that old charger would affect NiMH cells.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I started replying before your reply was posted. You beat me to it. I have an old nicad battery and charger and I'm contemplating opening it up and replacing the cells. I wonder how that old charger would affect NiMH cells.

Ah, I understand. With some forums I'm on, if you post a reply and someone else has replied since the post you're replying to, you get a warning message.

Garry Rausch

Registered
29 Nov 2018
Lake City, pa. 16423
Best answers
The original sealed battery which came with this offers only short running time and, by now, any still around will probably be past its best From Direct Service you should be able to buy a new battery holder which takes four AA batteries and you can use this with either rechargeable or non-rechargeable batteries. The former are the better ones to use. The part number for the battery holder, certainly in Europe, is 7829. All you then need is a battery charger available from many sources.
I assume this is available in the “US”

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, I understand. With some forums I'm on, if you post a reply and someone else has replied since the post you're replying to, you get a warning message.
But, at least if there's two people giving very similar answers, you know it's a good one

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
I assume this is available in the “US”
Playmobil USA does not have it. They said they have not had it for a long time and do not expect to get it. Your best bet is to find a friend or relative in the UK or Germany to get one for you, or you can try to buy one on an online auction site where it may cost a lot more than getting it directly from playmobil (UK or Germany). Playmobil direct service in other countries may also have it, but I have not checked.

Last edited:

a98087

Registered
8 Nov 2009
Wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
The battery pack is only 4.8v, so you can use a battery pack of that voltage, And just wire it in, obviously the advantage is that the grey plastic one slots right in

And postage to the USA isnt that bad, I recently posted a 500g parcel to Canada for £14

Dan

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I could do with one, or two, of these............

I could get three, her in the UK, and then post on to the USA.. - Have done this in the past for Forumites..
Let me know by Monday if interested..

OR..........................................
I *suppose* RC Trains could hold a couple 'in stock'?? :think:

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
I imagine 3 would be a better deal with postage. it doesn't hurt to have extra. I had Walt send me a couple when I only needed one, and then I eventually needed the second one. Plan ahead.

Garry Rausch

Registered
29 Nov 2018
Lake City, pa. 16423
Best answers
Playmobil USA does not have it. They said they have not had it for a long time and do not expect to get it. Your best bet is to find a friend or relative in the UK or Germany to get one for you, or you can try to buy one on an online auction site where it may cost a lot more than getting it directly from playmobil (UK or Germany). Playmobil direct service in other countries may also have it, but I have not checked.
Thanks take care
I imagine 3 would be a better deal with postage. it doesn't hurt to have extra. I had Walt send me a couple when I only needed one, and then I eventually needed the second one. Plan ahead.
thanks to all. I will find a a 4.8

New Grandpa

Registered
12 Oct 2022
Houston
Best answers
Country flag
Playmobil 4035

Has anyone had any luck replacing the
4 1.2v rechargeable batteries inside the original 4.8v Sealed battery packs?

I was able to open it up, but don’t know if buying and soldering new batteries is an option?

-bbbb

Registered
21 Dec 2017
Idaho
Best answers
Country flag
Playmobil 4035

Has anyone had any luck replacing the
4 1.2v rechargeable batteries inside the original 4.8v Sealed battery packs?

I was able to open it up, but don’t know if buying and soldering new batteries is an option?
It was done here:
But I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to use the original NiCad charger with new NiMH batteries. I think the original soldered capacitor was required for the original charger to function, but you might need a different kind of battery charger if you use nimhs instead of nicads, and it would need to be one that can charge the entire pack instead of individual AA batteries, so that you won't have to unsolder the batteries to recharge. Can anyone can recommend a good battery charger for a 4 AA nimh pack, and would the soldered capacitor still be necessary for it?

I think playmobil might have made different variants of the battery pack; there may have been a nimh version and a couple of nicad versions. but I'm not sure if the charger was different for those.