Plastic Building, repairs of

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi I have a shed which will need reglueing what glur is the best? and could I have trade names please as I live out of town with only one "open all hours" thanks Les

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
That could depend on how bad the damage is

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
If it's a Pola or Piko building kit, then probably the Pola plastic cement would do the job - alternatively something like EMA Plastic Weld or Ambro Pro-Weld, both those are quite aggressive solvent cements that will stick most plastics including acrylic, butyrate and ABS.

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Hi it is a Piko kit, I just think it needs reglueing , I have been on to Dragon but no piko glue on his list. Les

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Carrs do an impressive array of solvents for gluing plastics.

Isopon P38 also works well

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Evening all ,my son has spent most of to-day walking around Wrexham and hasn't found anyone able to supply the products you mentioned, were will I find them? Les

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Dinas Bryn said:
Evening all ,my son has spent most of to-day walking around Wrexham and hasn't found anyone able to supply the products you mentioned, were will I find them? Les

You could buy EMA plastic weld on line if no local model shops stock it.
http://www.ema-models.co.uk/products/04302-liquid-solvent-cement-ml.html < Link To http://www.ema-models.co....solvent-cement-ml.html
Isopon P38 should be available from most motor shops, e.g. Halfords.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Do you have a radio-control model shop anywhere within reach? Places like that usually have stuff like the EMA or Ambro solvents or an equivalent.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Zerogee said:
... something like EMA Plastic Weld or Ambro Pro-Weld, both those are quite aggressive solvent cements that will stick most plastics including acrylic, butyrate and ABS.

Must admit I've adopted Ambroid Pro-Weld as my solvent-of-choice for plastic kits, plasticard etc., it's much more effective than the typical hobby stuff like Liquid Poly. I buy it from my local RC plane/car model shop.

Can't comment on whether or not it works with Piko G plastic kits, but most likely it will.

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Maybe it sounds daft, but if it is a Pola kit then Pola cement is the best and a quick Google or a search of eBay wlll soon give you a result. N.B. Pola cement is only good for Pola Kits, if you use it on 'ordinary' plastic kits it falls apart... yes, I know why.