Piko Diesel Switcher

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, somehow we got 2 threads.... maybe we could get them consolidated into one?

I still want to hear about how the cleaning one works, and the life of the pads.

Which R/C system will you use?

Greg

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Anyone got one yet? Curious.

Yes I have, or rather, my better half has!

As described by Jon Zerogee, it's a bit fast, but I intend to slow it down with a couple of wagons fitted with the LGB track cleaning pads underneath....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, somehow we got 2 threads.... maybe we could get them consolidated into one?

I still want to hear about how the cleaning one works, and the life of the pads.

Which R/C system will you use?

Greg
Fosworks formerly Peter Spoerer and a MyLocoSound Card. That is if I can stuff it all in, have another loco with the same stuff going in so can check it out for space with a test made up battery set. I tend to faff aroubd with Batteries and Soace using tape then send a pic of what I need to Fosworks to make up a rechargeable NiMh set for me. Do not nor will not use other types as yet. Prejudiced against them.

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
Ah...... Not so keen now, especially if it runs a bit fast. Shame.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah...... Not so keen now, especially if it runs a bit fast. Shame.

What are you not so keen on? - If you are talking the battery loco, then you can always fit one 'dummy' cell in the battery holder..

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
What are you not so keen on? - If you are talking the battery loco, then you can always fit one 'dummy' cell in the battery holder..
To give it keys power? I suppose it would be good for a day when I can't be bothered getting lots of stuff to run....

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I have the black one coming on order. Looking forward to converting it to battery power. Will post picks and thoughts when the task is completed. At $159.00 I could not pass it up.