Piko Diesel Switcher

Gizzy

Gizzy

Railways, Aviation, Caravanning....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Anyone got one yet? Curious.
Yes I have, or rather, my better half has!

As described by Jon Zerogee, it's a bit fast, but I intend to slow it down with a couple of wagons fitted with the LGB track cleaning pads underneath....

dunnyrail

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Yeah, somehow we got 2 threads.... maybe we could get them consolidated into one?

I still want to hear about how the cleaning one works, and the life of the pads.

Which R/C system will you use?

Greg
Fosworks formerly Peter Spoerer and a MyLocoSound Card. That is if I can stuff it all in, have another loco with the same stuff going in so can check it out for space with a test made up battery set. I tend to faff aroubd with Batteries and Soace using tape then send a pic of what I need to Fosworks to make up a rechargeable NiMh set for me. Do not nor will not use other types as yet. Prejudiced against them.

duncan1_9_8_4

duncan1_9_8_4

Real Ale, Camping It Up, Traveling and the likes.
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Ah...... Not so keen now, especially if it runs a bit fast. Shame.

PhilP

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Tamworth, Staffs.
Ah...... Not so keen now, especially if it runs a bit fast. Shame.
What are you not so keen on? - If you are talking the battery loco, then you can always fit one 'dummy' cell in the battery holder..

duncan1_9_8_4

duncan1_9_8_4

Real Ale, Camping It Up, Traveling and the likes.
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
What are you not so keen on? - If you are talking the battery loco, then you can always fit one 'dummy' cell in the battery holder..
To give it keys power? I suppose it would be good for a day when I can't be bothered getting lots of stuff to run....

Madman

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
I have the black one coming on order. Looking forward to converting it to battery power. Will post picks and thoughts when the task is completed. At $159.00 I could not pass it up.