PIKO-DCC Arrived

frankando12

Registered
15 Jul 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All
I Just set up my Piko DCC on a programing track on the back table. It arrived Yesterday 22-08-2011 here in AUS. So far except for the time to arrive it is working fine lot more options than my series MTS. Will need to test it a bit more before I set it up on my Garden Railway . Found it quite easy to set up the Navagator for my first 2 locos easier than I thought . It is a lot better when you can press the function key and get an instant response than have to count the pulse's . I have taken a little video don,t know if I can download it . Not great with computers still learning.
Will keep you informed of any problems, Thanks Frank. A

GrahamMills

Many & various. In G scale it is American Diesel.
25 Oct 2009
Lizard, Cornwall, UK
Best answers
Hi Frank,

Have you gone for the Piko or the Massoth Navigator?

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Frank,
I wish you all the luck in the world. I bit the dust and went with the NCE 10 amp wireless. I feel that it is more robust than the Piko system. My Navigator is used to control the Piko 5 amp analogue controller so not a total loss.

frankando12

Registered
15 Jul 2011
Best answers
Country flag
Graham.
I got the Piko Navigator I find it easy to use. I changed CV,s in my LGB Rolling Stock decoder which I have in a Guards Van that we used to call them here we they were attached to goods trains. It is a lot easier to change values as you can see them as you apply them , better than the LGB Universal Control, although I did not have a lot of trouble with LGB. Did find the wireless Piko a lot better than LGB.

Tim.
Let us know how you find the NCE. Did you get one of E-Bay I did see one there for around $750 US.

All the Best Frank

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Frank,
purchased from DCC-Train in Ohio, for $637.95 plus around $60 postage. Remember that when reading CV's on the Piko, it is not the actual CV you are reading but one that the Navigator 'believes' it should be, i.e., the default figure. The display 'makes up' a figure. The only certainty is the CV figure that you input into the system.

I only did minimal CV programming on the Navigator, but preferred to use my LGB #55045 programmer on either the MTS software or the Massoth programme.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Tim Brien said:
Frank,
Remember that when reading CV's on the Piko, it is not the actual CV you are reading but one that the Navigator 'believes' it should be, i.e., the default figure. The display 'makes up' a figure. The only certainty is the CV figure that you input into the system.

Please quantify that statement.

Tim Brien

Registered
29 May 2011
Best answers
Mark,
I need to confirm my statement. I read over my material but as yet unable to quantify the statement. will report back.