Piko Buffer beam red

WKDOR

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Welsh Marches
Best answers
Country flag
As part of my batterification I am installing KD couplers on the Piko BR64 Bubikopf. After many months of trying out different arrangements I have gone for body-mounting. But to get to our standard coupler height I decided that cutting into the buffer beam was the least worst option.

Now I'm tidying up and need to find a red that will match the Piko Buffer beam. This is particularly important with this loco that has been criticised for using too many different red tones.

Any ideas please?

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
As part of my batterification I am installing KD couplers on the Piko BR64 Bubikopf. After many months of trying out different arrangements I have gone for body-mounting. But to get to our standard coupler height I decided that cutting into the buffer beam was the least worst option.

Now I'm tidying up and need to find a red that will match the Piko Buffer beam. This is particularly important with this loco that has been criticised for using too many different red tones.

Any ideas please?
If it is the same as LGB red then I can find you the humbrol number.

EDIT: the LGB red is very close to Humbrol 174 Signal Red Satin

Last edited:

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

Any ideas please?
well, if it were me doing the cutting, the buffer bam would be a nice natural blood colour!:giggle:

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
This is particularly important with this loco that has been criticised for using too many different red tones.

rule 8, as many tones of red as you like :)