Piko 2-10-2 Class 95 Ref. 37230 conversion to Battery Power.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Are they mini versions of what I believe are called roll pins? I had to dismantle my mum’s Stannah stair lift some years ago and the ”track” was held together with these pins which, once I realised what they were (!) simply tapped out. The pins typically have a chamfered end so inserting them is relatively easy using either a press of some kind or an appropriate punch.
Hm whole new world to me Roll Pins, they could be but do not appear to have the slot to my eye. Complete new set of tools required for removal and putting back in. If they are I would suspect that Piko have special tools to get into the small places where they are fitted into the gear. Interesting suggestion though.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hm whole new world to me Roll Pins, they could be but do not appear to have the slot to my eye. Complete new set of tools required for removal and putting back in. If they are I would suspect that Piko have special tools to get into the small places where they are fitted into the gear. Interesting suggestion though.
Roll pins, sometimes mistakenly called split pins as one side is split to allow them to spring:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Roll pins, sometimes mistakenly called split pins as one side is split to allow them to spring:

Thanks Jimmy, I am almost sure that the pins on the Piko Valve Gear are not these. Just had a good look and feel of a couple on the 2-10-2 and there does not appear to be the tell tale slot.