Peckforton Light Railway - video library

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rather than creating a new post each time I upload a video to YouTube, I thought I would create a running thread so they are all in one place. I might even post an occasional link to a video from the archives when I am reminiscing.

Anyway, here's a video I uploaded yesterday:

Rik

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I hope that the slight cough heard a couple of times on the soundtrack is nothing to do with CV19

David

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I hope that the slight cough heard a couple of times on the soundtrack is nothing to do with CV19

David

No Direct Covid Coughing on the Peckforton Light Railway, David!
:shake::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag

David
Have no fear. More hayfever related than viral.... :eek:

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Having just fitted couplings and buffers to my IP Engineering Plate Frame Simplex, here's some footage of her in action

Rik

Reactions: 1 user

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Oh good another morning cuppa video to watch in the morning.

Edit;
Video watched cuppas drunk now its time for breakfast.

Last edited:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I think I spied Dunny's tanker in that consist? ;):wondering:

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Quite possibly. Mine was based on the GRS LGB ToyTrain conversion ...
Rik

The Tinker

Every day I wake up is a good day
6 Feb 2014
Whangamata New Zealand
Country
New-Zealand
Best answers
Country flag
Outstanding this one has taken your videos to the next level. Superb Watched it 3x so far

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
My latest creation. Probably of minority interest only, but it aims to capture some of the logistics of shunting a mixed train, which is what I really enjoy.

Rik

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Awesome very enjoyable Love to see more of the shunting
That's good to hear. I've always assumed that for many people, watching shunting operations is a bit like watching paint dry. That's why I decided to speed it up in some sections.

Rik

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
i like to see shunting as well, interesting how many ways that people find to do what is in essence the same set of shunting. Often it pays to think for a little while before actually doing it to ensure that you do it in the most efficient way. Of course the Guard will be thinking these moves as the train perambulates along the line hence meaning that when he gets to a station he has only the need to compute the wagons that need to be attached into his thinking. We have to generally do it off the cuff as it were due to the limited distance between our model stations. Likely as wel for the guard he has a similar set of moves most days on the line hence his brain will be ready with a solution. On my line because visitors tend to come 3-4 times a year at best they have to learn the moves all over again each visit. That is except for the Yardmaster at Silberhütte who is present for every operating session and has the yard down to a fine art.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
The latest addition to the PLR - ex Clogher Valley Railcar

Rik
Was going to comment on your blog, but I guess that is still to update. Been looking for the Railcar but JC not found, is it 16mm or 15mm to the foot. Plus you will now need to install Turntables at both ends of the line! Nice looking beastie though.

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
Was going to comment on your blog, but I guess that is still to update. Been looking for the Railcar but JC not found, is it 16mm or 15mm to the foot. Plus you will now need to install Turntables at both ends of the line! Nice looking beastie though.
Hi Jon
No, not got around to blogging the build yet.

Not sure if John actually still trades. I twisted his arm at Llanfair a couple of years ago when he was exhibiting one of his small crane layouts and we got talking about Deltang gear which he uses.

I think it must be 15mm - I've not checked the dimensions but I can only fit the smaller figures into the seats and cab.

I'm thinking of double ending the railcar to avoid turntables. The latest plan is to make an unpowered model of the Walker railtruck, but construct it so that I can slot it on to the power bogie when I fancy just running it as a truck. I've discovered that that is how it was used on the Clogher Valley. The body was detachable so they could use the power bogie as a spare when the railcar bogie was being repaired so it looks like I'm accidentally repeating history but for my own ends!

Rik