Pearse and Roundhouse live steam in my garden.

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Been away for a bit, busy enjoying our Jeep and doing social distancing at the off road park. But have also taken delivery of an all black Lady Anne from John Sutton Books & Models and canceled the Roundhouse Davenport I had on order(no longer in the budget being laid off from work due to the virus). Been getting in some steaming since I am stuck at home. Both with the Lady Anne and my wife's Pearse 0-4-0 Switcher. Enjoy the videos!!!

Reactions: 1 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Two very nice videos with excellent shooting angles. Thank you.

I keep expecting the dogs to grab a piece of rolling stock and make off with it.

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
The doggies(we have 4) dont bother the trains, and figures are glued in place after the Golden Retriever did make off with a few when he was a puppy. AD

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Charming raised layout. Love the details, crossing, lamps.
unfamiliar with the pearse. It looks great. And, you lighted its headlight,

it the pearse easy to steam and run?

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, its very easy to run, a bit more complex than the Lady Anne, the Pease has a steam stop valve so you can refill the lubricator under steam, is RC control only, has a sight glass with blow down valve and a goodall valve to keep boiler water filled. So its more than a one fill run and done engine. It was a mess when I got it. Bent frame from being dropped and with the original burner that was slow to heat and howled badly. I tore it down and fixed the bent frame issue, and Jim Sanders of Wee Bee Locomotive Works built a new longer and better burner for it. Years ago when these were new, along with the Colorado 2-6-0, another gentleman in the USA that did live steam stuff made replacement burners for these. From discussions with Ian Pearse, not many of these or the Colorado's were made in a combined batch. I dont think there are videos on youtube of any other 0-4-0's running and only one or two of the Colorado's. So a very uncommon engine to see running it seems. My wife and a I went to a local steam up, first one since the Covad stuff started up, and I ran the Pearse for over an hour with short stops for water, fuel and oil. AD

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
thanks
i had planned on trying to find one. Your info was very helpful in that regard.

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Here is another video taken on a hot/humid afternoon here in the USA. Been a few improvements since the last video. Mr Sanders who runs WeeBee Loco Works built a new and improved burner for it, no more howling or taking forever to come up to pressure. He also redid the gas line to the tank as it had some bad kinks in it. Engine is running well and raises steam much faster than before. Wish I could find the 2-6-0 Colorado engine that Pearse made. AD. PS....I have an all black Roundhouse Lady Anne 0-6-0T for sale btw.