collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Paint help please.
I have put together some railway buildings from the company Home which are made of resin & I am really pleased with them. But most will house electronics & a light to shine through the windows. So I run bathroom silicone sealant around all the joints on the inside to waterproof the buildings. I now notice the light is shining through the resin that the buildings are made of. No problem, I will spray the inside black. But the acrylic paint won't stick to the silicone sealer very well. Any suggestions. IE: a certain primer.

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
May not help this time, but maybe use the brown outdoor stuff for sealing round door and window frames.

Reactions: 1 user

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Bitumastic paint ? Got any of that lying around ? Regular paints won't adhere property to silicon. Or asl playmofire suggests. Max

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Bitumastic paint ? Got any of that lying around ? Regular paints won't adhere property to silicon. Or asl playmofire suggests. Max
Good idea. I have some Wickes ikopro Bitumen Paint. :yum:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Good idea. I have some Wickes ikopro Bitumen Paint. :yum:
Do a test with this first, just in case there is a reaction between the various paints and adhesives..

PhilP

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
If it is silicon then paint will not adhere to it, on the tube it will say "Will Not Paint" or similar. So what ever you apply will peel. If you want to paint a sealant you need to use acrylic based sealant.

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
... bathroom silicone sealant around all the joints on the inside ...
take any kind of tape. duct-tape, scotch tape, or whatever, that is wide enough to cover the silicone and some of the resin.
then paint or spray.
its on the inside, so who cares, on what the colour sticks.